Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Genesis 38:7-10 god kills a man for not having a baby with his brothers wife? what kind of god is that?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

evil

• Rick G
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

A just god. The husband Er as the first born, was the one that would have the promised Messiah come through his family line. But he had been a wicked man, and God had killed him. Onan, being selfish and failing to look for the interest of his dead brother, deserved to die. Judah, fearing that the younger son would be just as bad, held back in giving Tamar a mate to continue the family line. She had to take action and gave birth to twins Perez and Zerah.

Perez carried on the family line, which 7 generations later, David became the King of Israel, and then in the first century, David's very great grandson, Jesus, was anointed as the Messiah.

So, Jehovah God was justified in removing wicked men from being the Messiah's forefathers.

• 7 years ago

One that upholds what is right.

The Bible is a wonderful book because it reveals those who are sinners and wicked as all those that repudiate what is right will disagree with and condemn God.

An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.

So it is proved in your case.

• 7 years ago

My friend I was wondering the same thing. So, i looked little further into the Bible and found:

If God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit are one, then if one of them will kill they all kill. I can tell you i would not touch my brothers wife, that is sick, she can marry somewhere else.

Were your Holy Spirit, your God, and your savior Jesus one in the olden days as your savior Jesus says they are now? In the olden days your God killed and destroyed, but made no mention of love, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, or friendship.

Then your savior Jesus came and said to love and forgive. What made your Bible’ God and his son your savior Jesus change? Your savior Jesus said he and his father are one. Did your God kill in the olden days or not? Explain?

God, Jesus, and Holy Spirit, were you three one in the olden days as Jesus says they are now? In the olden days your God killed and destroyed but you made no mention of love, mercy, kindness, forgiveness, or friendship. Then your savior Jesus came and said to love and forgive.

What made your God’ son your saviors Jesus change when he came? Your savior Jesus said that he, God, and their Holy Spirit are one, and they say they do not lie under any circumstances. So tell me? Did your God kill in the olden days or not? Explain?

And Jesus you said God does not lie under any circumstances, that is you said it is impossible for God to lie. So, God did you kill in the olden days? Explain?

Source(s): Why would a God ever kill what will be the reason? He lives forever, he has all he wants and what he does not have he can create, so what reason would a God kill????
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • God took his life away because he was wicked in the God's sight

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

"A SICK ONE" If he seen my brothers Wife it'd be like Harpooning a Whale "A VERY UGLY WHALE"

I'd gladly take being Killed as i'd be Spared of the Suffering of Emotional Trauma and Night Mares

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

There must be a reason, God is surperior.

• Moi
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

a righteous one

Deu 32:4 [He is] the Rock, his work [is] perfect: for all his ways [are] judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right [is] he.

• 7 years ago

one that doesn't exist.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

FAKE, MAKE BELIEVE,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.