Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Can I wax my black lab?

I want to begin to wax, but I would like to practice first. Would it be safe to wax my dog?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

omg - are you kidding?

I so hope this is a troll question.

No you can't wax your dog! Do it on your own body if you want to practice. Be warned, it hurts like hell.

• 7 years ago

Definitely not, dogs hair is not like human hair at all. It would probably result in you pulling skin off the dog. It would be like waxing the head of a human

• Connie
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Don't you have any friends? Make a wax-party, this is how my girls started out. But please do not wax your dog. Besides of it being cruel, your dog would have a patchy coat for months

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

NO, don't wax your dog unless you want a very sad dog.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

I wouldn't try it. Unless it was a poodle because their fur is actually hair.

A dog's fur is very different in texture and strength. Also it would scare the dog because it wouldn't understand what was going on, and they may not like you if you repeatedly do it.

• 7 years ago

If you are even considering this, you should not be a pet owner. ******* ****

And referring to the poodle comment , even though it is real hair...waxing a dog would be considered animal abuse. The dog would not understand, and the pain could put them in shock / give them an anxiety attack. Dont ******* wax a dog.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.