I sit by myself at lunch...?

I am currently a sophomore in high school. I go to a huge high school, and there are about 500 kids in the lunch room at one time. Well I used to sit at this large table with some "friends" but they moved to another one and said that there wasn't any room for me left at that one. So me and David (another friend) just sat at our own table together. Well now that it's the end of the year, David has to take all of his exams and therefore goes to a separate lunch, which leaves me alone. I've looked around the cafeteria for a tablet to sit with but didn't find one. I'm dreading school tomorrow because I have to sit by myself again.

Any advice here?

Favorite Answer

Oh honey! I completely know how you feel! I sat by myself my entire freshman year of high school (now i am a freshman in college.) Even throughout high school and even in college, i sit by myself sometimes. It's hard because we are all social beings. we crave interaction with other people, especially when we see everyone else with people to sit with. It's so weird that soooo many people can go to a school and we can't sit with any of them.... sometimes. It was very hard for me when i entered high school.

But here's what i did: I put myself in a corner so that people wouldn't notice me, and read books, texted people, and played phone games, and made myself look super busy so that no one would question if i was lonely. sometimes its good to just be alone and think and observe the world. but of course it's hard!

now that i am college: guess what? college students don't even care. soooo many college students sit alone (even tho so many others have a group to sit with) i learned that college students view it as simple and "so what?". So now when i'm alone, it's fine. i just eat my food like no big deal.

it's sucks that high schoolers make such a big deal out of it, but in college everyone sits alone at some point.

now, try not to dread school tomorrow! (but i know how you feel exactly). just be yourself and try not to care about how people see you. (remember how immature many high schoolers are.) keep making friends everywhere you go and soon you'll have the biggest table in the cafeteria. :)

I hope this helped!!!!

PS i've been kicked out of groups too. :P also, talk to your parents and siblings about this. they've been through stuff like this too. It's always good to have someone help you in person.

Source(s): Tons of Experience

That's really tough. Try making more/new friends in you're classes so that they will invite you to sit with them. If you make good friends with someone, they will introduce you to their friends, and so on, possibly receiving some new invites at lunch :-).

Talk to you're friends and parents and ask for advice on what you should do. It's rare, but once I had a friend who was so miserable at lunch because he didn't know anyone in his lunch period, so the counselor changed his schedule to be the same lunch as his friends. Like I said, probably very rare that this will happen. But hey, you never know.

Just find someone new in your lunch period who looks nice and try to make friends with them. Maybe soon you'll find yourself sitting with a new group of friends! Good luck!

Sweetie, you're in center college! it somewhat is merely how some anybody is at that age (unhappy yet authentic). issues will in all danger get greater effectual in a twelve months or so, yet till then, proceed being astounding to all of us. i comprehend it form of feels unfair that they are so propose to you (and this is), yet merely save attempting. in case you have been sitting with basically ladies, try sitting with adult adult males. despite in the event that they're nerds, adult adult males do exactly not back-stab with the ferocity of girls. Or try ingesting in the library. i comprehend my suggestion in all danger does not look powerful, yet i've got been via this all till now. And if there isn't the rest you're able to do, take a seat with the help of your self with delight. hear to music or examine a e book. If sitting on my own does not seem to hassle you, then possibly somebody will invite you to take a seat down with them.

The same thing happened to me. I just asked to go to the library.

this is happening to me right now