I'm leaving for college, can my relationship last?

Last year when I was a junior, a freshman had an interest in me. Don't worry, he's only a year younger. Not two like high school years. Well, we started dating and we've been together for a year and a half! He loves me unconditionally and I love him so very much as well. We've been through some tough times. I honestly don't see myself with any other guy. I will be graduating in a week, and I'm going to college under an hour away. He want to graduate early BUT (There is always a but) he's so sure that football will be the key out of our home town. Hes not confident with his school work and he believes if he stays two more years and improves his football skills he believes he will get out with a scholarship. My question. Will we be able to last two more years? With me gone majority of the time? Then if he gets a scholarship what if its not at the same college? I honestly and truly do not see myself with anyone else and I don't want to be. Same with him. He is completely and totally invested in me. Even his friends say so. I'm so scared. Please is there any way?

When the Cats Away The Mice Will Play. You're smart enough to figure it out.