Is "Memory Lane" by Nas one of the greatest pure Hip-Hop songs of all-time?

From the classic beat to the lyrics to the concept. It seems perfect to me..

BQ: What's another great hip-hop song that you would classify as a classic pure hip-hop song ?

& by pure I just mean personifies hip-hop to the fullest. Songs like memory Lane, I used to love her, and so on.

Lol we got people saying the world is yours, life's a b, New York State of mind on top of the song I chose.. This is why Illmatic is so great.

• Ripper
    Favorite Answer

Yeah it seems perfect to me too. Well.. Maybe the drums were a little too loud but otherwise, it's perfect. His flow - 10/10 Production - 9.9/10 Lyrical Content - 10/10 Hook - 10/10. As close to perfect as it can get.

Bq Well, i don't know. Maybe The world is yours.

Also The D.O,C. ft NWA -The grand finale

100 Biz Markie: just a pal 88 Jungle Brothers: What U Waitin' 4 86 Heavy D. And the Boyz: Now That We found Love eighty five Black superstar: Definition seventy six massive Punisher ft. Joe- nonetheless now not A participant 73 Black Sheep: The alternative Is Yours seventy one Whodini: Freaks Come Out at night 70 3(rd) Bass: Pop Goes the Weasel sixty nine long-established: I Used to like H.E.R. 65 Spoonie Gee and The Treacherous Three: Love Rap 64 The Roots: What they Do sixty two Digable Planets: Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat) sixty one Slick Rick: children's Story fifty seven gigantic Daddy Kane: I Get the Job done fifty one Doug E. Recent & the Get fresh Crew: The exhibit forty eight Nas: One Love 46 De La Soul: Me, Myself, and that i forty five Geto Boys: intellect taking part in methods On Me 39 Tone-Loc: Wild thing 38 Coolio: Gangsta's Paradise 37 Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock: It Takes Two 34 Cypress Hill: Insane within the brain 30 Tribe known as Quest: investigate the Rhime 29 Digital Underground: The Humpty Dance 28 Ice dice: It was A howdy 26 MC Hammer: U cannot touch This 25 Fugees: Killing Me Softly 24 Eric B and Rakim: Paid in Full 21 Afrika Bambaataa & Soul Sonic force- Planet Rock 15 Eminem: Stan 14 Tupac: I Get round 13 Wu-Tang Clan: C.R.E.A.M. 11 Jay-Z: difficult Knock existence 07 notorious B.I.G.: Juicy 06 N.W.A.: Straight Outta Compton 05 Grandmaster Flash & the furious 5: The Message 04 Run-DMC ft/ Aerosmith: walk this way 02 Sugarhill Gang: Rapper's delight 01 Public Enemy: fight The vigour

I think Memory Lane By E-40 and Andre Nickatina is the BEST!!!!

Memory Lane - E-40 Feat. Andre Nickatina

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09z9BbcwX4k

Youtube thumbnail

No, New York State of mind, Nas is the greatest rapper ever though.

• Nas copied Pharoahe Monch's style in his song I Gave You Power... I swear I'm not trolling, this is why I love P Monch, he even influenced Nas by a little bit.

Pete rock & CL Smooth - T.R.O.Y

Gang starr - Above the clouds

Black moon - Who got da props

Camp lo - Luchini

Little brother - lovin it

BTW, I think "Lifes a b**ch" is more classy

Thugs mansion- tupac

The light-.common

• LAzY

Yea I like Elzhi's version better tho

Buy

BQ: Lifes a ***** from the fliw beats lyrics......Oh AZ's flow was legandary