What do you think my father-in-law meant? He'd say "...speed on fool, hell isn't half full."?

I don't think he understood hell is not hot.

• Favorite Answer

He thought of hell as do many who are misled and he was saying that if a fool wants to speed, go ahead and kill themselves because there is still plenty of room in hell. He was partially right, the grave of mankind (real hell) is nowhere near full and it will have many more fools in it.

Source(s): 76 years of common sense, 65 years of research and 50 years of Bible study and 40 years as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. I don’t make any snap decisions.
  • I have never heard the expression but I take it as he meant....

Don't be hot rodding (speeding) your way to hell there is plenty of room

Kind of funny even if or not he understands what hell is. Does seem like some people are in a "hurry" to get there by the things they do.

I understand him to say , keep going the way you are because there is plenty of room for you in hell. Even though I personally dont believe there is a hell or heaven. I dont get what you said about him not understanding that hell is not hot .

I think he meant that fools are going to Hell, and that there's plenty of room for them.

I think he's hinting that he'd like to sleep with you.

i guess he meant the speeder could die that way.