Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

My dog is pregnant she's on her second month and her pups aren't moving?

So my dog got pregnant around beginning of April end of may and I don't feel the puppies moving is there something wrong we expect her to give birth at the end of this month so is it to early still or should we get her checked out please help

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You won't feel them move until at least 7 weeks into the pregnancy; however, yes you should get the dog to a vet for a check-up. If she's due at the end of the month, take her in about a week beforehand so she can have an X-ray to find out the size and number of pups.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

So she is kind of somewhere around the sixth week or Day 40-ish. Give it another ten days before the fetuses are easily felt. That's also when you will have the radiograph done to count fetal skeletons, so make the appointment now.

• 7 years ago

I suggest just giving the vet a call. That way you'll get an immediate answer. If you don't have a vet, call any veterinary service and I'm sure they'd be happy to help you out over the phone to let you know if it's worth getting checked out.

Good luck with everything!

• Connie
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Guess this is an 'oops-litter' which easily could have been prevented. But soon as you found out your dog could be pregnant, you should have seen a vet. And no, usually you do not feel the puppies at this stage of pregnancy moving, but yes, you should get her to a vet to get her checked out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

She needs to see a vet.

You need to have her X-rayed to know how many puppies to expect

She should have been spayed.

Congratulations on murdering shelter dogs.

• 7 years ago

How about getting her spayed at the Vet? That would be the BEST thing for both you and her. You know NOTHING about breeding, so therefore your b*tch should not have been bred, or allowed to breed. The world doesn't need more BACK YARD BRED dogs. The shelters and rescues are already flooding with thousands and thousands of unwanted animals without you created more that are unwanted. Having her spayed, will also abort the pups. Have her spayed tomorrow and be an ethical and logical adult, OK?

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Take her to the vet. If the puppies are dead, she needs an emergency c-section to remove them. Have her spayed when she is open.

• They really don’t move around that much.

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Have you given any thought to taking this dog to the vet.

She should have been spayed long before this.

He pups could be dead and rotting, and yes it will kill her to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.