is it cheating if you tell another guy that you like him?

im very in love with my boyfriend, but i told this guy i like this other guy. I dont like him a whole lot but little feelings are still kinda there.

Favorite Answer

It's only cheating if you have sexual contact with him.

We're human, and we have human emotions, but we also have the drive of seeking multiple partners, and that's simply a natural part of evolution and natural selection.

You'll be fine, just don't get with him.

No, but it could lead to it.

Also.....why exactly did you do that? What possible reason did you have for this?

Are you looking to do something with this guy? Then you might want to rethink the "very in love with my boyfriend" statement. And even if you aren't, the only thing this could do is make the guy more interested in you. So then he starts going after you at worst or sits there waiting for you to get out of the relationship at best.

There was literally no plausible reason to spill the beans on this. I'm very confused why you did. Yes, your slight attraction to the other guy is real, but you just said that "you don't like him a whole lot." So why did you do something that could backfire and wreck your current "loving" relationship?

I mean it will probably not change anything, but this kind of attitude just invites unwanted relationship problems. Every relationship gets problems on its own, you don't need to go looking for more.

I know it seems like I am over-reacting but......just think a little bit next time.

• SW-6

IMO - if it is a secret you want to keep from your boyfriend, then it is cheating. Not physical, but emotional. Think of an emotional thing you had going with another Guy via computer. You are not with him physically, but you are confirming, expressing all of the intimate feelings you have for another that should only IMO be reserved for your boyfriend. You probably would have a problem with your boyfriend telling another girl he liked her or talking with her or others like that via the computer, right? If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.I think you know where this is going..... Good luck.

Source(s): old enuff and been thru enuff to know better

Emotional cheating. If you were so in "love" with your boyfriend, why are you telling another guy you like them? If you have those feelings, keep them to yourself. Appreciate your boyfriend. How would you feel if you didn't have him anymore? Think about that. How would you feel if you found out your boyfriend had feelings for another girl.

it's not cheating unless you have sexual contact with him. but you're not exactly being trustworthy to him. if i found out, or if my girlfriend told me that she still had feelings for an ex or had feelings for another guy i would be really upset. although if you truly are loyal to him, it can be normal sometimes. i get attracted to other girls and like communicating with other girls when i'm in class or whatever, but we both know that nothing will come between us and another girl won't drive me away from her(my current girlfriend)

so if you are still loyal to your boyfriend, it's not really a bad thing if you have tiny little feelings for another guy. just don't cheat on him or do anything with him.

If you can't tell your boyfriend what you are saying or doing with another guy, then I would say it's cheating.

It's not exactly cheating, but it's unloyalty. If you are dating one person, don't go telling some other guy that you have feelings for him, because then he may get ideas, one thing may turn into another and boom, you've just cheated.

• just beacause you are in love with another person...it does not mean you cant find other people attractive -_- just dont act out on it... :/