Indy asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

i want to join the peace corps?

I want to join the peace corps but i want to volunteer in england how can i do this

7 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

First, you need to do some serious research, because you haven't got a clue what Peace Corps is.

No. 1, it's not military. And as you can see, military people don't like it when people muck up their boards with Peace Corps questions.

The things the armed forces and Peace Corps have in common are basically that they're both federal, members of each take the same oath and members serve their country. That's about it.

I search for questions with "Peace Corps," regardless of if they're misplaced. But you, my friend, are pretty much beyond help because you haven't done one lick of research. That right there means you'd never make it as a Peace Corps volunteer.

Peace Corps does not serve in England. It works in developing nations, of which Great Britain most certainly is not. Again, basic research of what Peace Corps is and does should have suggested this, and if not, then certainly the lack of England-Ireland-Scotland-Wales, or any other country in Western Europe, on the "Where Do Volunteers Serve" link on the official page should have enlightened you.

Source(s): Peace Corps 07-09
  • 7 years ago

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. There is no Peace Corps in England.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If you want to go to England join the Airforce as security forces fill out a dream sheet for bases in England and then you can deal with drunk British people fighting American soldiers in bars

Source(s): Military veteran
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No but probably if you contact them they will tell what skills you would need for a assignment in England. The majority of the places are those that need volunteers not places you can go with a passport and a airplane ticket.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Lol.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

*sigh*

• 7 years ago

**FACEPALM!!**

Source(s): ***** 100% Disabled Vietnam Veteran - Former Navy Airborne Electronic Warfare Officer
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.