Is demographics a type of data analysis/technique?

Ok so I have a paper to write on any analysis technique or instrument...I want to do it on demographics but I am not too sure if it is considered to be a data analysis technique. I want to make sure before I write a 6 page paper on it and some suggestions would help too.

thanks

Favorite Answer

the web page (below) provides:

Demographics are the quantifiable statistics of a given population. Demographics is also used to identify the study of quantifiable subsets within a given population which characterize that population at a specific point in time.

These types of data are used widely in public opinion polling and marketing. Commonly examined demographics include gender, age, ethnicity, knowledge of languages, disabilities, mobility, home ownership, employment status, and even location. Demographic trends describe the historical changes in demographics in a population over time (for example, the average age of a population may increase or decrease over time). Both distributions and trends of values within a demographic variable are of interest. Demographics are very essential about the population of a region and the culture of the people there.