Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 7 years ago

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?

I'm taking a test on Friday called the "iTED" and I think I'll do pretty good, but I'm a little concerned about how I'll do with math and science. I'm taking the test because I've been homeschooled for 4 years, and in September, I'm going to high school (public school) I won't be doing homeschooling anymore. I'll be going into the 9th grade, so I'm assuming the test will be for grade 8. On Wikipedia, they describe it like this:

• Math:

This section focuses on problem solving and logical thinking skills rather than mathematical computation. Some questions require basic computation while others require students to determine the steps necessary to solve a problem without actually completing the problem itself.

• Science:

The science materials section of the ITED evaluates students' familiarity and comfort with scientific procedures and their ability to understand and analyze scientific information and methods.

What does this mean? What will I have to be doing?

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

For math, it's basically saying that you don't need to be able to actually DO the math, such as what is 2 plus 2. You just need to be able to know what you have to do, such as "If I give Steve an apple from the 10 apples that I bought at the store, Dav (he lost his ID) 3 apples but he gave one to his friend, and my grandmother 2 apples, how many apples do I have left?"

So if you have to be able to know what to do, it'll just be adding up all the apples that I have given away. If you get the answer wrong, they'll look at it to see what you did wrong. If you just added wrong, they'd probably give you the points... even though I'm sure you should be able to do that.

For science, you're probably going to be given a graph and a paragraph of information that you may or may not have to read (read it anyways, but many people are able to look at the graph and answer). Then they would ask you things like "If the temperature changed, what would the pressure be?" or something interesting like that. They'd probably not ask that, but something similar. You actually don't need to know anything about science in general. You just need to be able to understand information and graphs.

All state tests are like this, and iTED is a state test. From what I've heard, all of them are pretty much the same, and they are incredibly easy. The tests are pretty much for 6th graders and it's probably still very easy for 6th graders. I can always be wrong, but I think that all state tests are extremely easy.

Good luck!! You also put this in the wrong section. :)

That's probably why you don't have many answers. You should add this question to the Education section and see if I'm correct.

• moatz

Do you advise which you meant the be conscious "advise" in its unique which capacity or are you too advise to fulfill my advise standards? Oh, i flow to commence moaning approximately your blending up all those m-words...