Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 7 years ago

Shellac Fish-head gift from dad?

**Received 3 fish heads as a birthday gift from my father... am looking for an answer as to how to tell him that I do not want anymore in the future without hurting his feelings**

For my birthday my father sent me 3 fish heads in a box with some shirts. They smell really bad even though they were coated in shellac as a cheap attempt at taxidermy. He thinks this gift was full of win, while I on the other hand think this gift was pure fail. I don't want to hurt his feelings as I understand it was a gift from the heart, but with this gift he sent me a letter saying that he was planning on sending more in the future and I am really concerned and do not want him to do that. I have the 3 fish-heads in a ziploc and I have them safely hidden in a storage room because I didnt have the heart to throw them away because I knew how much it meant to him. My question is how to I tell him I do not want to receive any more of these fish-heads in the future without hurting his feelings or demeaning his birthday gift to me? I do not want to him to send me anymore so please let me know a NICE way to tell him that I don't want more. Please help

Favorite Answer

Tell him that u associate them with some bad memory. He might get the cue

say thank you but let him know you do not want him going through the trouble of making and shipping them again