Should the girl make the first move? Or does it seem too "desperate"?

I'm very shy and have wanted to ask him out for a very long time, so I asked my friends for advice. I've gotten a lot of conflicting answers. My guy friends say go for it - "it's cute", but my girlfriends say don't do it - "it's too desperate". Do guys actually like it when the girls make the first move?

Favorite Answer

It's not desperate. Anyone who says so is an idiot.

This isn't the 1700s anymore. EVERYONE likes to be asked out, not just women. Go for it. The idea of the man asking the women is as archaic and stupid as the idea that women belong in the kitchen.

I've never made the first move. I'm more into the old-fashioned "boy asks the girl". But I think it'll still work out if you make the first move. Just make sure you can see the signs from him of "I like you".

This guy in my class matched the guy I like and me together. ;)

It depends on the guy. I'm generally too awkward to make a first move, and I really wouldn't mind it if someone else did. Go for it. Good luck!

Desperate.

It's not desperate in anyway. God people have to abandon these stupid gender roles. No one should have to conform to them. If you like him ask him out. Most guys love it. It's annoying for us to always be expected to initiate everything.

@En taro tassadar I couldn't agree with you more. He deserves the best answer. Today should be about equality.

• l

I've made the first move before and it worked out very well for me. Go for it.

• Apryll

to me it takes guts to make the first move since the whole guys should make the 1st move thing but if you really like him and he seems interested then i say what do u ahve to lose?

Do it. Desperate is hot. Desperate women will do things other women have too much self-respect to do.

I say go for the outcome you want otherwise nothing may happen

• Jacob

its not desperate just go for it