How to Un-jailbreak my ipod touch 3G?

I have an ipod touch 3G. It has Blackra1n 3.1.2. I have been told that deleting cydia would unjailbreak it, Cydia doesn't want to launch, so I can't do that. I want to restore my ipod to factory settings. Anyone have a link that can help me, or maybe you yourself know how to do this? Thanks!

Oh, I wouldn't mind keeping it the way it is, but I suspect the reason my ipod won't sync with a new itunes library, is because of the old jailbreak.

I tunes doesn't work with this ipod... it can't sync, can't restore, update. It will start restoring it, but an error occurs.

Put it in to dfu mode then plug it in to iTunes. How to get in dfu mode is by first powering off the device then Hold the power button for a couple seconds till it gets that Apple logo then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds then after that let go of the sleep button and Continue to hold the home button wait 15 seconds it should turn black. Plug in your ipod into your computer Open iTunes and your iPod should be in restore mode.

connect to iTunes and restore it through there.