My parents hate me help?

So, for as long as I can remember I have lived with my parents screaming at me everyday. They would make fun of me and tell me what a failure I am. I always thought that this was normal and that all parents did that to motivate there kids until I went to my friends house. Her mom was so sweet and nice and they joked around. Then that made me notice that my family was just fvcked up. I live with my parents and my brother. My parents overreact on the slightest things and take away everything from me just like that (ipod, computer, phone, tv, being able to go out, etc) A couple months ago I started cutting and only a few weeks ago I started doing drugs. Yea, I've seen my dad beat up my older brother and my mom will starve me some nights if I do something as simple as fail a test (keep in mind that I'm only a freshman in high school) None of my friends know what I've been going through at home and I'm scared to tell them.

It's gotten worse over time and I feel trapped and sad all the time. I just don't know what do anymore, help?

• Finwie
    Favorite Answer

Get help! Try to tell a teacher that you need help at home. Tell someone grown up that you need help contacting the right authorities for this. Social services, the child protective services, the police, whoever can help. Your parents don't exactly hate you, but they're abusive as hell and you should all get help right now. They have no right to beat you up, starve you, call you bad things all the time and so on.

• Robin

You're parents have a toxic relationship and probably don't know how to be parents. Get out when you're old enough. Live on university of college campus, rent with friends do whatever you can to get away from there. In the mean time consider filing a domestic abuse complaint.

If you don't feel happy with staying with your parents, ask a close relative (your grandmother-grandfather) anyone who can take you to stay with them for a little bit. Well you and your brother. If you're not happy with being the girl who has to live with parents who bully her then don't do it. I personally think no one deserves that so yeah. Ask a close relative to take you and your brother in for a bit.

Go to the police they can rot in jail for being bad parents