This girl is obviously avoiding me because she KNOWS I love her...So should I pretend I DON'T care for her?

We know each other for 3 years (she was secretary at a driving school in my neighbourhood), but I fell in love with her 6 months ago...

I never had a friendly talk with her, only "hello, how are you?" and also things about the driving lessons (when I was attending that school).

She doesn't work there anymore, but I know where she's living ( just 7 min away from my neighbouhood, by car), but sometimes she comes her to take a coffee with her ex-colleagues, and also because her family has a café-restaurant just near my house..

Sometimes we see each other at the mall or in that café, but she doesn't want to talk...She just says "hello", and pretends she's having a phone call (or she's in a hurry, or talking with other friends).

I guess she was disappointed by me, because I'm too shy and don't know how to have interesting conversations...BTW, I'm not ugly, not poor either, but she's apparently not interested in me...

Maybe I'm just the "average joe", too common, nothing special that makes her want to know me better...

But the worst mistake was probably my being WAY TOO OBVIOUS, with my shy staring, and couldn't even have a proper conversation with her...That is too say, I f@cked it up with my lack of self-confidence...

Now, I wonder...

If I manage to change my behaviour, if I pretend I don't love her, if I even "lie" by saying I "dont' like her" and that saying "sorry for the misunderstanding..."...Maybe it will make things change, in her eyes...She might see me "different"...Then maybe she will change her mind, and might stop avoiding me...

I don't know...

Maybe my question is stupid, but I need some good advice...From both men and women...

Thanks..

Favorite Answer

it is better to be honest.

what if she feels the same way for you but is also allowing pride to ruin the chance y'all have for happiness together ?

tell her you would like to know her better.

if she rejects you, it is easier to "get over" her.