Anonymous

What careers would be an option for me?

I am currently a Sophomore in High School right now and i am starting to think about careers that i might like but am having some trouble. I love aviation and love to travel, i have strong leadership skills actually won some awards for it. I would want to go into the aviation field and i want a job where i will travel and not sit at a desk. I thought about becoming a pilot but i feel that my learning disability might affect that which is just taking longer to understand things, i have the most trouble in math (especially algebra) and i am currently in a supplemental math class. I just want to get some advice on what i can do.

Favorite Answer

First of all, I have learning disabilities and I am doing just fine in college thanks to the support that I am getting from the disability office and a lot of hard work. In high school and in middle school I went to schools for people with learning disabilities and I am horrible in math, but that wasn't my fault. In college I am taking algebra; I didn't have geometry, calculus, or even algebra in high school. But now I attend a competing state university. If anyone tells you that it is going to be impossible for you do succeed in math in college, tell 'em to shove it up their ***.

I'm glad that you are thinking about what you want to study right now but you do not have to know what you want to do in college when you are a sophomore in high school.

Ok now for your question. Here are some things you could consider.

1. ROTC in college

2. International Relations or Studies

3. Communications

4. Language translator

5. Criminal justice

6. Aviation :P

7. Air force (ROTC in college first possibly)

8. Studying abroad in college (for a semester or for a year)

9. Navy (the Army is over-rated and the Navy pays better)

I wish you luck! Remember that you can succeed in college even if you have a learning disability.

PS: Despite what everyone thinks, you do not need to take the SAT to get into every university/college. You only need the ACT ;)

Coffee barista or bartender.