Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 7 years ago

Why are there white flashes that appear on my Samsung TV when it is on Standby?

I have a Samsung TV model: LE19A656A1D

Type Number: LE19A656,

For the past few months, my roommate has noticed that sometimes during the day and night, when the TV is switched off, on standby, with the red light still on (but still plugged in at the socket) the TV will suddenly flash white across the screen from left to right, however it does not fill up the whole screen with white. It is quite like several white lines going across the screen, in the middle, that flashes for less than 2 seconds. This happens once of twice in a night, and is really starting to freak me out.

Today when it flashed, there seemed to be an outline of an image, but was not on for long enough for any of us to realise what it was.

I have searched online everywhere and no one else seems to be having this problem?

Either it's something faulty with the TV itself, or there is some kind of spiritual thing going on in my bedroom.

Someone please help and advise!!

Thank you

Favorite Answer

This seems to be a voodoo problem. You'll have to contact your local witch doctor to remedy it.

Source(s): Life

It sounds like a technically problem and if your TV is still under warranty I strongly suggest that you contact Samsung service department.

Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way it's probably a power supply issue.Here's a funny note it's like my TV it has the feature that if nobody changes the channel or adjusts it in a few hrs it shuts itself off but that could freak some ppl out too lol