first pregnancy,, freaking out??..?

I found out I was 7 weeks pregnant on April 18th.. 7 weeks. Now I should be around 9-10 weeks. I havent seen doctor since because they wont take me until my Medicaid goes through. I did blood work my first appt and they told me that my progesterone levels were on the low end. I have been freaking myself and worrying like crazy. I read online that this can mean I will have a miscarriage :( They gave me some supplements to take for meantime, but they are hard to take because its supposed to be vaginally inserted 3 times a day and i work all day so cant put them in because it will just leak right back out because im walking around a lot. I havent had any bleeding at all but I have had abdominal cramping as if I was on my period. Have any of you had any issues with the same thing? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I did have the same thing and im now 19 weeks so it was fine i didnt take anything but regular prenatals. sometimes you will cramp at different times during pregnancy you are only a few weeks away from when miscarriage chances drop significantly.

Source(s): experience
  • The best thing for you to do at this point is to remain calm. If you live in a big city or have one within driving distance you should call and ask them if you can get a check up to make sure everything is okay. Perhaps a planned parenthood? Even if it's 2-3 hours away just see if you can make time for it until your medicaid goes through.

Stress and worry isn't good so try not to. But if you are having cramps I would go to the doctor. I have two children and didn't' t have any cramping during pregnancy. My SIL did and when hers turned out to be UTI so don't freak it doesn't mean miscarriage necessarily but you should check it out.

Source(s): 2 pregnancies

You need to push to get insurance sometimes. Don't stress yourself out, it can increase your chances of losing the baby. About the supplements, use panty liners and change them often to avoid infection. You need to take them. And cramping to an extent is normal because the uterus is stretching to occupy baby. If they get intense, please go to the ER.