I think I'm going to get an F in my chemistry class...how low will my gpa drop?

This is my second semester of college. The first semester I got a 3.4 GPA.

This semester, I am taking 4 classes and 3 of them I'm 95% sure I have a B in, and I'm pretty sure I will fail my chemistry class with an F.

How low will my GPA drop?

the semester doesn't end till the end of this month but I am sure I will get an F.

Favorite Answer

If your classes are three-credit hours each and you get a B in three of them and an F in the other, then your GPA for the semester will be a 2.25.

Here's how I calculated your GPA:

B's are worth 3 grade points. A B in a three-credit course will be worth 9 grade points. Three B's in 3 three-credit hour courses will be worth 27 grade points. An F is worth 0 grade points. So, you have a total of 27 grade points and you took four 3-credit courses so 12 credits.

27/12 = 2.25

If you knew you were going to fail your chemistry class, then you should've dropped it before the deadline and take a W. Your GPA would have been a 3.0.

• Amber

you waited a little long to get a start on looking at college. You can always go to community college for a year or 2 and then transfer to a university. There are also some schools that will except a 2.7, thats not that far below average.

• Cassi

You can simply use an online GPA calculator... We can't give accurate answers without knowing how many credits your classes are. However, I can tell you the drop will be somewhat significant.