Is this a good or bad idea?

The girl I like recently told me she's talking to someone else. She knows I like her and like an idiot I said that's cool. I'm thinking about texting her and saying that "we can't just be friends, if you never want to talk to me again that's cool but if you ever need to talk about anything you can come to me and it will never leave my mouth." Should I do this

• Jan
    Favorite Answer

as a woman ...... my views are this..................... text her and say;

" I know I told you that its cool for you to be talking to someone else, but , I am not cool with it because I have stronger feelings for you then just friends. As I see you do not feel that way so I am letting go of the most wonderful person I know, all I want is for you to be happy and if its not with me, then good luck with the other person. IF in the future you need to talk , I am here for you , and it will be kept confidental if you just need to vent. "

she may have said that to see where you STAND with her, or how you feel about her. this way she knows and the ball is in her court now.

don't be afraid to do this, it will please her to know she is liked more

• David

You don't own her, dude. So don't make her think that's what you want or feel. Girls like to feel safe. That won't do it.