Do you support an academic boycott of Israel along with Hawking?

Dr. Hawking had told the Israelis that he would not be attending “based on advice from Palestinian academics that he should respect the boycott,” according to The Associated Press.

“Never has a scientist of this stature boycotted Israel,” said Yigal Palmor, the spokesman for Israel’s Foreign Ministry.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No I do Not, One of the United States’ most worthwhile accomplishments has been its consistent regard for the plight of the Jewish nation. No nation in the history of the world has a better record of treating individual Jews with respect than does America. The same can be said for our befriending Israel as a nation. America has committed many sins for which we may well deserve judgment, but as a nation, we have been a consistent friend of the Jews and the nation of Israel, as well as a benefactor. In 1948, President Harry Truman helped persuade the United Nations to recognize Israel as a nation. Since then, the United States has contributed billions of dollars in aid to Israel.

From the biblical declarations of God's love and care for His chosen people, the nation of Israel, and from the history of nations being destroyed because of their evil dealings with God's chosen people, the Jews, Christian believers should give support to the chosen people of God. This is not to say that we support necessarily the methods they use in their relationships with the Arab nations. The Bible warned that conflict would always characterize the relations between the descendants of Isaac and Ishmael. Sadly, this conflict will continue until Jesus comes back to judge the nations and sets up His 1,000-year reign of peace on earth. We must look at the "big picture” with a biblical worldview. While we do not have to support everything Israel does as a nation, we most definitely should support Israel’s right to exist. God will fulfill His promises and covenants with Israel. God still has a plan for Israel. Woe to anyone who seeks to defeat that plan; “whoever curses you I will curse” (Genesis 12:3).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/support-Israel.html#ix...

Source(s): TR
  • Feivel
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

So Hawking is letting terrorists tell him what to do? The people who run "Palestine" are terrorists. If he wants to take orders from them, he can. We do not care. The "Palestinians" have never given real good advice, especially to themselves.

Israel is demonized no matter what we do. Hawking is a genius but it will go on without him and his absence won't be even noticed, except for the political pundits using it to bash Israel.

I do not support a boycott of Israel but I do support all those pro-"Palestinian" people who have never been to Israel or "Palestine", to go experience it first hand and see how great those "Palestinians" are to you.

• hatti
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

If this is going to stop the segregation & humilation of all Palestinians on the palms Israel... then I help the Boycott. Collective Punishment of all Palestinians breeds hatred and Extremism... it does not take a darn Rocket Scientist to parent this out. those form of years of examine factors, partitions, & Segregation has blocked families from their families, from artwork, from perfect scientific scientific care ect. those form of issues breeds hate... till israel stops the Heavy exceeded procedures it makes use of against all Palestinians not something will ever replace there. i don't see Israel as a rustic in accordance with Democracy, not while hassle-loose human rights are violated each and every day over there.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No.

If Stephen Hawking wants to boycott Israel, how about he stops using his Israeli-made speech device?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Israelites are the Chosen People of God. Only through Him and His chosen ones will eternal salvation be gained. I will now quote an irrelevant Bible passage to support my false statement.

Proverbs 24:17

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:

• 7 years ago

First time for everything. What if Ghandi ***** slapped a pimp? Wouldn't you like to see that?

Source(s): Me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.