What do you do after infantry Marines?

Joining the Marines is an option to me but i dont know what to do when im in there. I want to be 0311/rifleman but other marines have told me not to do it, and to get a job that asks for security clearance or an Aviation mechanic. Im just wondering if i do infantry, what job out there will look for that? is there any other option besides being a cop? and will the police department want to hire me more because of my usmc experience as a rifleman? and also if i do aviation mechanic, will i still be able to be a cop afterwards or does infantry take the lead on that?

Favorite Answer

Law Enforcement doesn't care what you did in the military. So your MOS won't help you over another person.

Source(s): U.S.Army Disabled Veteran 19K20 M1A1 Abrams Heavy MBT 1990-1996

I am enlisted in the Army, to ship out June 3rd. I got pretty much the same route as you because I will be going to Ranger School, for the Army they have what's called a PaYs program, where certain places guarantee you a job interview. I don't know if it is all dependent on what you chose to do or your ASVAB score but it's a start. I also have no idea if the Marine Corps even offers the same thing, but since you're not enlisted you should really take the time to consider why you want to join the Marine Corps. I almost enlisted there, but then it dawned on me that I was just wanting to join because everyone else was. My entire family history has basically been Army and so I decided to continue the legacy.

Since I really haven't answered the question, another option I was thinking about would be to do private security contracting. You get to use the skills the military taught you, while still making bank.

Source(s): Similar road ahead.

People think bring military police would help you out if you want to be a cop afterwards, but its actually the opposite in some cases. Police departments want people who can handle being under stress.. Just like the infantry. I had a friend who was an 0311, when he got out he had different police agencies calling him for an open position that they would train him for at the department's own expense.

Listen bro, people dont join the infantry for a "job afterwards" you join because you want to kick in doors and slay mofos.

You need to decide what you want out of the service and afterwards

You will be tested by ASVAB test and assigned to training based on your abilities

but theres no guarrantee you wont wind up rifleman anyway the service decides where they need you

If there is no specific training or benifit to enlisting then dont

work and go to community college until you decide what you want

Source(s): Personal experience

well if you pick a job that requires alot of skills (and no not shooting a rifle), that gives you the best job. it doesnt matter what job you do in the service, my good friend was a CS (culinary specialist..aka cook) and he got out 2 months ago, and just got in a state police dept as a trooper. any job in the military gets you extra points on the test... doesnt matter if you were a cook, infantry, seal, mechanic, whatever. however.. think about a job that can land you good money and a good career. however, whatever makes you happy in life. good luck

Source(s): us navy

the marines are not a job training program

what you do after being a 0300 ? you go learn a employable job kill and go get a job