Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)English Football (Soccer) · 7 years ago

Why are Man Utd listed on the New York Stock Exchange?

I mean I don't get it, it's not as if they're big in the US what with 'soccer' being looked down on over there. Share prices have only mildly rises since Utd listed on the NYC Stock Exchange. I'd get it if they were listed in Tokyo or Shanghai because of their massive fanbase there and the rising economies of China and other Asian countries. Like what's the deal with New York? Hell Utd aren't even listed in London.

The Glazers should've listed in Asia, possibly Singapore to exploit the vast market there. Despite the flotation in NYC and the value of the club going up, Man Utd are still in debt to a tune of around $400 million.

• .G.
    Favorite Answer

aside from status, and the fact that United are american owned and sponsored. It was more of an effort to drive the clubs value up to make it the most valuable club in the world. it raised the clubs value by something like 200mill

You should try with Penny Stocks Trading (you can find more info here: http://pennystocks.toptips.org)

Penny stocks, also known as cent stocks in some countries, are common shares of small public companies that trade at low prices per share.

I've been subscribing to this PennyStock web site for about a year now and have loved the objective advice they give. He really does look for quality stocks and I've made some pretty nice profits on a lot of his suggestions. Being still fairly new to investing I have been dabbling a lot in penny stocks to try and grow my account. I may not have a big account, but it's a lot bigger than it was a year ago. On just one of Nathan's picks this year I managed to make my investment back ten-fold! Be careful! Penny stocks are notoriously risky but if you follow the right method the risk is almost 0. I suggest to invest only little money first and then reinvest the profits. This is the site I'm using: http://pennystocks.toptips.org

Hope it helps.

• Skyfox

Their owners, the Glazers, were in desperate need to re-finance the debt. They tried floating the club on the London Stock Exchange and even the Singapore Exchange, but no-one would even touch United with a ten foot pole.

The only one that would was the NYSE. They raised their funds and have managed to keep the debt managable, although they have to adhere to the rules of the NYSE, which is why the managerial change was announced today, rather than Sunday.

Their stockholders and investors have the right to know whether or not a change of manager will affect their shares or not.

Because they're the best team in the world

• kuhns

they try to advance funds by merchandising what appears like Bonds at a decrease interest fee than their modern-day debt interest and use that funds to hold down the dimensions if it. Borrow 200m at say, 3% and use it to shrink 800m at 4% Edit, incorrect, they try to sell shares that pay no dividends. strange!!

Their stocks always go down, they'll cause another recession!