Pastor Frederick K.C. Price?

What is your view of pastor Frederick K.C. Price and his gospel of prosperity? He was made an APOSTLE by his church. I had no idea that we had apostles in our current day. I think he is spurious in so many ways. What is your view of this man?

Favorite Answer

There can be no Apostles today :

Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

We are to listen only to the Apostles :

They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Prosperity gospel?

Forget it. There is only one Gospel and you will find that in the Bible

I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:

Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

• Tiger

An apostle, from Classical Greek ἀπόστολος (apóstolos), meaning "one who is sent away", is a messenger and ambassador. So in this rendering all Christians are "apostles", with a small "a".

Excerpt from a Q&A session http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/1301-P/bible-...

JOHN: The reason basically, Phillip, that people get involved in that Kenneth Hagen, Kenneth Copeland, Frederick Price and a lot of lesser lights stuff, the reason people get involved in that is because they do not understand the nature of God. And God for them is nothing more than a utilitarian genie. You rub the bottle; he jumps out and does what you demand. It is a man-centered theology. It is based on health, wealth and happiness. I can say it to you simply this way. Those guys say you can - they call it affirmation faith. They use a lot of different terms but ever increasing faith, affirmation faith and you know they are like the clock that doesn't run. They are right twice a day and that's what confuses people.

See I mean they just intersect with the truth a couple of times and so people - and they are clever. But basically what they are saying is you can demand healing. Hagen and Copeland say they never have been sick. Never been sick. But they are going to die but they are never sick, they never have problems, they are always successful, always enough money and so forth. So that's what they are promising. Now I would just say that the problem basically is of a man-centered theology, you get into for what you can get out of it. You demand healing. You demand prosperity. You demand a new job. You demand a new car. And they call it faith and it isn't faith at all. It is indulgence under the guise of faith.

They just absolutely murder the Scripture by misinterpretation. They just adulterate it all over the place, twisting it to make their own goals and there is always a sort of a major ego thing that you see just as big as a spotlight in the middle of the whole deal. Just another step I would add. Any system that comes along and promises health and prosperity and all of that stuff is the utter antithesis to what the gospel offers men. Jesus said, "If you do not want to take up the cross and follow me, you are not willing to be my disciple." Jesus said to the young guy who came along and said I got to go home and bury my father, which means collect my inheritance, forget it. Another guy came along and said I'll follow you wherever you go. He said the foxes have holes; the birds of the air have nests. The son of man has nowhere to lay his head and the guy split. In other words, he said I don't want you on the terms that you are looking for comfort. I want you on the terms that you are going to abandon comfort.

MIMI

If he let you ride in his Bentley you'd probably change your mind.

In the Greek, apostolos, means messenger which Frederick K.C. Price is.

I doubt he or anyone else will lose any sleep over your opinion of him.

Shyster.

to each his own

H E R E T I C ! ! !