Song_bird asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 years ago

Is it bad to straighten my hair so often?

I recently cut my hair into a neat pixie cut. Unfortunately, my hair is really wavy, so it looks awful short unless I straighten it. With long hair I only straightened my hair for special occasions. Now I do it every time I take a shower, because, obviously then it's no longer straight. I take a shower about every 3rd day. Is this to often? I do use heat protectant.

Favorite Answer

I do the same. And as long as your using a heat protectant than it won't kill your hair (maybe, depending on your heat protectant) anyways I think you should be fine, you could also try blow drying it, that works too and you can set it to cooler settings..... I hoped this helped you :)

Blow dry it, don't straighten it, it uses less heat on your hair, and once you've blow dried it, put the dryer on the coldest setting and dry hair again for about 2 mins. It stops split ends! Also try hair masks, and split end shampoo- even if you don't have split ends yet, make sure you protect your hair now before you do! Maybe also tie it up, and only straighten the top, as that way you can't get split ends. My hair dresser told me to only straighten the bottom half of your hair once when straightening and the top half you can go over more as it is less likely to break off! :)

Source(s): lots of experience with split ends
  • Star T

Yes. The heat of the flat iron and hair coloring make the hair thin and weak then breakage happens. I have curly hair and once in a while I straighten mine too. Make sure you use protective oil when you flat iron your hair for better protection.

It is bad to straighten your hair everday because it may brake off and cause split ends to come more faster my friends and class say omg selene your hair is going to fall off so I still straighten my hair everday but I use heat protectd spray so its not as bad and I got this at random hair store it was like 4 dollars

It's good that you use heat protection, and I agree wavy hair needs straiting now and then, but try doing different hairstyles (e.g: pony, pig-tales, side pony, plait ext) I also get that your hair gets wavy when having showers, but you need to forget about that. I hope that this helped as it's my first question I've answered ;) xxx

It is bad to use heat on your hair everyday. If you do need to use heat try to use a hair dryer instead of a straightener!

everyday is bad to straighten it sorry to tell u but yeah its way too often and heat protectant doesnt always do as much as ppl think it does.