As a man should I follow my heart and save my virginity or should I follow my peers?

I'm a 20 year old male in College and I am a virgin. Recently I have ben receiving a lot of pressure from my peers to lose my virginity. However, I don't want to do that. The issue is that.... I want to give my virginity to a girl that I truly love and truly cares for me in her heart. I don't want to give it someone that will just walk away from me. When I go to parties I enjoy flirting, dancing, touching and kissing girls. However, when it comes to sex I really want to save myself for someone that will really mean a lot to me. Unfortunately, a lot of my friends are calling me a loser or a guy that's missing out on life but deep down inside I feel like I am doing the right thing. Can anyone please help me???? I don't appreciate the way men just use women for sex and then abandon them as if they were a stranger. I rather be deeply in love with a girl and be strongly connected.

Favorite Answer

SCR*W your peers.... you are perfect. I think that it is amazing that you want to save yourself for a girl you really love. Believe it or not but a lot of women actually love that, it shows that you are truly committed and that you care. I am personally a Christian (and a virgin myself), but I know plenty of women from all walks of life that wish they could meet a man that had the same values and mindset that you do. SAVE it for someone you really care about, you wont be sorry :)

Source(s): Virgin and female

You most definitely need to follow your heart. Waiting for the love of your life is the way it should be. I mean, that's the way I feel. If people want to have sex with just anybody, that's their problem. Don't listen to those people. I mean, don't listen to the ones that try to tell you to lose your virginity. It's a very respectable and attractive value to have. :)