NeluAdrian asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Pomsky puppies anywhere?

Today I continued my research on pomeranian pups

When someone mentioned pomsky puppy. A husky and a pomeranian mix. Though searching online k haven't found anything around the Kentucky area. Where the breed isn't over priced. Anyone know where you can find these breeds at a fair price around Kentucky or specifically in Kentucky? I'm really interested.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Its a mutt - and only greedy backyard breeders and puppy mills produce them. Don't waste your time/money dealing with these dogs.

Besides that a husky/pom is a horrible combination.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Pomsky puppies anywhere?

Today I continued my research on pomeranian pups

When someone mentioned pomsky puppy. A husky and a pomeranian mix. Though searching online k haven't found anything around the Kentucky area. Where the breed isn't over priced. Anyone know where you can find these breeds at a fair price...

Source(s): pomsky puppies anywhere: https://biturl.im/mO4hz
  • 7 years ago

Oddly enough, someone else asked about these badly bred dogs and were also near Kentucky. Anyways, copying and pasting because it's all the same.

Oh, so you want to buy a purposefully bred mix with health problems and temperamet problems? All the while supporting idotic BYBs?

It's backyard breeders and their buyers, like you have the potential of becoming, that have caused this huge overpopulation crisis in dogs. There are MILLIONS of mixes and purebreds alike in shelters across the world, being euthenized by the THOUSANDS daily. Anyone who purposefully breeds mutts with no purpose aside from "they're cute" is an irresponsible, ignorant human being, or a human being with no feelings. How BYBs can live with themselves knowing that dogs are living miserable, boring lives in shelters due to their practices is beyond me.

And just so you know, NO reputable breeder would EVER sell mutts, ESPECIALLY ones as unnatural as a husky and pom mix. Huskies are large, poms are small. Am I the only one who sees that as terrifying?

Anyways, seeing as no reputable breeder sells mutts, then by default yes you would be supporting those damned BYBs. BYBs don't health test, temperament test or in other words care at all about the health of the dogs. They only care about the money or experience, which are both **** reasons. And this is why if you go through with getting a "pomsky", aka mutt, you'll probably loose it at five.

If you want a pom, get one from a REPUTABLE breeder. If you want a mix, get one from a shelter. I don't suggest getting a husky though as you don't seem capable enough of handling one.

No matter the breed, please do some research on where to buy dogs, how to care for them, and when you find your breed, research into it in depth. Seriously.

• 7 years ago

you can't find any because they don't exist.

Pretty much all 'designer pooches' are overpriced - all they are is a mutt with a overpriced price tag and fancy label to make the buyer think their buying a fancy breed - for example, you wouldn't pay over 500quid if it was advertised as a mutt, would you?

either you get a Siberian husky, or Pomeranian - or recsue a Pom mix husky from a shelter.

Please don't use the BYB term 'pomsky' - it's either a mutt, mongrel, mixed breed, Pom husky cross, husky Pom cross, but not 'Pomsky'.

only BYB/puppy mills/irresponsible dog owners/ and simply people with no common sense breed mutts. Mutts have no purpose in being bred.

Source(s): breeder of champion and working Newfoundlands.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JenVT
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

If you don't care if you get a mutt, go to your local shelter. Interestingly enough, the person who asked earlier was looking for them in the Kentucky/Indiana area. Go to www.petfinder.com and search by breed and zipcode. No decent breeders whelp litters of mutts for no reason. It's not a "breed".

• Covah
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Are you related to the Hailey that asked this 3 days ago??

This sounds like an awful mix & only an awful BYB would consider breeding them.

Go find a mutt at the shelter.... gotta be plenty of Pom crosses & Husky crosses there.

• 7 years ago

What traits are you trying to get in a dog? A mongrel (and, yes, it is a MONGREL and not a breed no matter what stupid, made-up name(s) you call it) has NO guarantee of having ANY particular trait or set of traits. If you are willing to get ANY combination of traits, then why do you care about the breed or mix?

Here are 1,600+ Pomerians and Pom mixes in shelters: http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?location=Louis...

Here are 1,200+ Siberian Huskies and Husky mixes in shelters: http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?animal_type=Do...

These dogs will be of EQUAL OR BETTER quality than any mongrel you get from a breeder, will cost you less to acquire, and will NOT support the crappy breeding practices that landed these and thousands of other dogs in shelters and rescues.

If you can tell us what *traits* you hope your mongrel puppy magically gets from the genetic lottery, we can help you find a PUREBRED breed that is suitable for your needs - there are dozens of medium-to-small spitz-type breeds with a variety of temperaments, sizes, coats, colors, etc. One is almost certain to actually fit your needs and wants and then we can help you start looking for a reputable breeder or breed rescue group.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

There's NO SUCH BREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only crooks & morons make MUTTS & only ignorant suckers PAY a plugged nickel for BYBd mongrels!

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

At your local shelter, or rescues.

there is no such breed of dog.

They are mixes, mutts and are best found in shelters

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.