Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Brain drain - UAE , employees relocation to Qatar?

So many people , especially experienced people moving to Qatar from Dubai,Dubai Employers still pretending financial crisis while negotiating salaries , what will be the future effects of this situation?Is it good or bad?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I can say Qatar is better, I started to work in UAE 2005, almost 6 years I was in Dubai, all those 6 years no increment in salary, no bonus, nothing. But they provide all type of facilities for Managerial level peoples. Even we had projects in Dubai and Abudhabi,2011 April onwards our salaries blocked . I got a Qatar company job, now I am happy, we have bonus and we have salary based on performance.

I joined here, not because of greed of money, I have to survive and pay back my debt. I have a far better salary than UAE.If UAE Company have such good management system. It would be the same salary there. If you are a good hardworking person, you have all right for a fair package. Qatar has lots of plans in Mena region. Most of the companies have a fair and trained HR management system. In Dubai, company receptionist will call you; she will decide your salary.

But still Dubai is the Dream world, No GCC country have such attractiveness. But at the end of the day we are all expatriate, we have to move back to our home Countries .Before moving back all the people wish some savings in their pockets. But it’s all about company management, If they keep negative attitude, People will say good bye.

• WOrD
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

SAS is correct , half of them go there for the money , and not because of "financial crisis" negotiations as that is not a big issue , rather because Qatar can actually pay more than Dubai . Qatar has both good quantities of oil & largest gas reserves, and no one to share that with. Dubai doesn't enjoy the same situation.

• 8 years ago

i do not agree to this.

not all good employees are moving . and more then 50 % who moved are not happy and will return when the situation is right for them .

in fact i know few who r so frustrated there that they want to coem back at the same place if offered.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.