promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
蝦咪 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 7 years ago

英文!請幫我翻譯和修正我的翻譯是否有誤!

DEAR ABBY: Three years ago, I found out that my wife of 14 years was sneaking around behind my back with her high school sweetheart. I confronted both of them and it ended. I forgave her, but I still can't sleep at night because of something that's bothering me. His wife has no idea about the affair, and I feel guilty that I haven't told her about everything that happened.

Some of my friends say I should call her and tell her, but now it seems like it happened too long ago to bring it to her attention. Also, in an attempt to get her husband to come clean -- which he did -- I promised him I wouldn't tell his wife.

My wife and I have patched things up and we're having the best years of our life together. So the question is, should I break my word and possibly upset my new relationship with my wife so I can not feel this guilt? -- CAN'T SLEEP IN ILLINOIS

三年前,我發現我老婆背著我偷偷亂來與她14歲時的國中戀人,我與他們對質,結束了。我原諒她了,但是我晚上仍然無法入睡因為某些事情困擾著我,他的老婆對這件事沒有什麼想法,但是我沒有告訴她有關於所有事情的發生感到內疚。

我有些朋友跟我說,我應該打電話並告訴他,但是這發生的太久了以致於不能引起他的注意。並且試圖讓她老公老實招來,他做了,我也答應她我不會告訴他的妻子。

我老婆跟我已經修補了關係,我們這幾年過著很棒的生活。所以問題是,我應該食言嗎?但可能打亂我跟我老婆的新關係所以我無法感到內疚?

Q1:should I break my word and possibly upset my new relationship with my wife so I can not feel this guilt? (最後這句我其實略懂翻的不是很好…)

Q2: in an attempt to 這句的意思以及用法..?

DEAR CAN'T SLEEP: Surely there's a better cure for your insomnia than causing needless pain to the wife. The affair ended years ago, and she is blameless in all this. Because you are still having trouble sleeping, talk to your doctor about it. Some sessions with a psychologist or a licensed family therapist may help you to assuage your guilt and find closure.

當然有個更好的治療你的失眠比把不必要的痛苦賦予這位太太,這是件在幾年前已經結束了,而且對於這所有的事情她是無辜的。因為你的睡眠仍然有問題,告訴你的醫生有關於這件事。心理學家或有執照的家庭心理治療師也許可以幫助你減緩你的罪惡感,有個了結。

Q3: you are still having trouble sleeping. 這句用完成式意思會有不同嗎?為何不用完成式?

Q4: find closure 意思是?

文章在此!

http://www.uexpress.com/dearabby/?uc_full_date=201...

Update:

To prisoner26535

非常感謝你的補充,至於

"You need to lose answer 001 - I cannot believe the poster is non-TW."

是什麼意思啊= =??

Update 2:

To prisoner26535

麻煩請大大多多指教我的...

2 Answers

Rating
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

以下有"xxx"就是有翻譯錯誤我重翻的地方喔!我也改了一些其他中文文法的部分與英文原意會比較貼切。你可以比照你翻的參考一下。

親愛的艾比:

三年前,我發現我老婆背著我與她14歲時的"高中"戀人偷偷亂來,我與他們對質,結束了。我原諒她了,但是我晚上仍然無法入睡因為某些事情困擾著我,他的老婆對"這外遇一點都不知道",但是我因為沒有告訴她有關於所有事情的發生而感到內疚。

我有些朋友跟我說,我應該打電話並告訴他,但是這發生的太久了以致於不能引起他的注意。"並且,為了試圖讓她老公從實招來--他也招了",我就答應"他"我不會告訴他的妻子。

我老婆跟我已經修補了關係,我們這幾年過著很棒的生活。所以問題是,"我應該為了不再感到內疚,而在有可能打亂了我和我老婆的新關係的情形之下食言嗎?"

Q1:should I break my word and possibly upset my new relationship with my wife so I can not feel this guilt? (最後這句我其實略懂翻的不是很好…)

參考以上。

Q2: in an attempt to 這句的意思以及用法..?

Attempt,動詞,試圖或嘗試的意思。在這句子裡則是名詞,in an attempt to, 在嘗試xxxx的過程中的意思。例: in an attempt to repair their relationship, he promised to quit smoking. 為了嘗試修補他們的關係,他答應戒煙。

當然有個更好的治療你的失眠比把不必要的痛苦賦予這位太太,這是件在幾年前已經結束了,而且對於這所有的事情她是無辜的。因為你的睡眠仍然有問題,告訴你的醫生有關於這件事。心理學家或有執照的家庭心理治療師也許可以幫助你減緩你的罪惡感,有個了結。(這段你翻的很好,沒問題)

Q3: you are still having trouble sleeping. 這句用完成式意思會有不同嗎?為何不用完成式?

因為Abby作者回答這問題時,是以假設發問者的失眠問題還在持續中,未解決的狀態。所以現在進行式是正確的。用完成式會把故事情節發生順序搞錯。

Q4: find closure 意思是?

就如你所翻的。有個了結,交代。用find closure也有要讓某件不好的事有個結束,好重新開始的意思。有可說: Get closure. Have a closure. Seek closure.

Source(s): 我是外國人
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

三年前,我發現我老婆背著我與她14歲時的"高中"戀人偷偷亂來,(wrong)

三年前,我發現我結婚了14年的老婆背著我與她"高中"時的戀人偷偷亂來(right)

2013-05-08 08:23:45 補充:

You need to lose answer 001 - I cannot believe the poster is non-TW.

2013-05-10 10:25:40 補充:

我是說"回答001實在多多錯 你應該把它丟掉不用"

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.