If the Flood in the Noah Ark story covered the earth. How did Noah and his family breathe at a high altitude.?

According to Gen. 7:19 says: "Finally, the water covered even the highest mountains on the earth, rising more than twenty-two feet above the highest peaks."

If that's the case. The flood would have been higher than Mt. Everest which is 29K Feet. They would be higher than mountains and wouldn't been able to breathe. Mt. Everest climbers need tanks of oxygen to survive climbing. Jet pilots need oxygen for flying even less than that height.

Favorite Answer

God furnished them with enough oxygen tanks to last the length of the flood. He handed the oxygen tanks out to them as they were walking up the ramp to get on the ark! It says it somewhere in the Bible. If you would read the Holy Bible you would already know that and you wouldn't have to ask this question!!! (e_e)

the bible also says that in the begining the land was rollng hills...england still has a lot of rolling hills. mountains didnt exist much back then....not very high (like that movie thats a true story about what happened in ..uhh scotland or wales? anyway..they had what they thought was a mountain..but it was under a thousand feet..so they built up the top..even using the preachers casket...to make it into a mountain...barely) "mount ararat" wasnt so big..in fact it was to small to land on. bible says that the ark rested on the mountains (plural) OF....ergo...foothills...more rolling hills.

the bible also says that in the days of peleg (which means division of earth) was the earth divided.....peleg was about 200 years AFTER the flood. THAT is when the 7 continents & seas appeared & when the tectonic plates pushed everythign up & down....forming the great mountains of today...including but not limited to everest/rockies/cascades/hymilains ... all the HIGH mountains...not the crappy low ones (like ararat)

bible also says that noah took on every type....not every single animal out there. for example he would only bring on parent species...like a wolf pair....not wolves dalmations poodles pugs (ALL of which are K9 so..no need for them except the parent species...wolves).

thats how.....

Source(s): the actual bible
  • Why wouldnt there be oxygen. Even if there was no oxygen, wouldnt God who made it possible to collect all animals in an ark be with them all the way. God makes the laws of nature, not the other way around. By the way, Mt Ararat was the highest mountain of that time not Everest.

• Just for the sake of discussion: If there WERE that much water (which there isn't), remember that air is lighter than water, and would have floated on the water :-) There's a REASON we measure mountains as to their height above sea level.

What I'd like to know is how one bloke managed to find over a million species and get them in a boat, the Earth isn't exactly small and they did not know that half of it existed at the time.

Miracle Snorkels. A pair for every set. Which gets one to thinking... really, if God were so great, and wonderful, and powerful... he didn't have to destroy the whole world by flood. God could have just thought about it, and bam everyone'd be gone that he didn't like. No reason for dramatics. But then again, floods are scary. And he must have liked watching their dead, bloated bodies rotting against the ark. C'mon literalist christians. You can't see how that's insane?

I am not a believer and find creationism silly, but the flooding did come from rain in that story. Water being the heavier fluid could have displaced the oxygen and other gases at lower altitudes. He only had to endure it for 40 days. I think it would have taken longer to have that much atmosphere lost to space.

Source(s): Devil's advocate? God's advocate? I am not sure what to call it when playing the role of a believer.
    • azcat906 years agoReport

It only came from rain? You need to re-read it (or read it period).

I can imagine the responses:

"Humans had a bigger lung capacity in those days."

"God can do anything, so he created a pocket of air around the ark during the flood."

"The flood waters actually pushed all the air up to that higher altitude."

"When all the water was evaporating, God broke it up into its hydrogen and oxygen components."

• azcat906 years agoReport

Air is 14.7 psi at sea level. Plenty of air.

Okay, I've done this before, but I'll try it again. I'll say it over again so everyone can understand it.

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

I T ' S . . A . . M Y T H . ! ! !

Got it?

Meh. I didn't think so.....

.

• azcat906 years agoReport

Fossils exist. How were they formed?

.

You have totally failed to understand anything about this subject..

No matter what the height of the water above the land, it is always SEA LEVEL.

AND in the antediluvian world, Mt Everest did not exist,

and the highest mountain was about 3 to 4 thousand feet high

. . .

Aren't there people who climb mount Everest? And the earth now is not the same for it was in during those times. Back in those times the land was one big plate.