digital forensic degree for computer repair?

if i get a digital forensics degree can that also be used if i wanna just work in computer repairs?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Maniac
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Digital forensics and computer repairs are completely different fields. Forensics deals more with software while computer repair would be both software and hardware, but primarily hardware. I would advise looking into hardware engineering or even a general information technology degree if you are interested in computer repair. In addition, a computer certification such as CompTIA's A+ would help you with learning about computer repair.

If you are interested in computer investigations, recovering deleted data, and crimes over the Internet, digital forensics would be the correct field though.

Source(s): my own experience in the computer field
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 5 years ago

Digital forensics and computer repairs are completely different fields. Forensics deals more with software while computer repair would be both software and hardware, but primarily hardware. I would advise looking into hardware engineering or even a general information technology degree if you are interested in computer repair. In addition, a computer certification such as CompTIA's A+ would help you with learning about computer repair. More details click the following links.

• kiele
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

check out pc sciences maximum collages grant this one it does not concentrate on everybody field of computers it covers all of them...if the protection field isn't hiring then you definately could be employed in yet another pc field which includes application engineer...it helps you to cover all the bases

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.