Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 years ago

I have two separate incompatible personalities?

Sometimes I want to be girly. I love lacey dresses and bows, curling my hair. Kind of like a gothic lolita style. I do my makeup to look like a doll. When I'm like that, I play with dolls and plushies, listen to certain music and act a certain way.

Then, sometimes I act totally different; I dress in all black, with skinny jeans or a short skirt, straight hair and black and white makeup and be all punk/goth. I act more distant and quiet, and I listen to gothic metal and make creepy art. I usually act like kind of a b***h on those days.

I'm like two different people, and people who have only met one side of me can't believe that i'm also the other one.

Also, when I'm the doll-like girl I tend to act more slutty, while I think the punk version of me is asexual. I don't know. I'm so confused.

I've been trying to decide how to decorate my bedroom lately, and half of me wants to make it all pink and white with lace and bows, and have of me wants band posters on the walls and punk/goth stuff. I can't make up my mind. Both styles equally feel like me.

When I'm at school I dress in the goth style, because my doll-like dresses are too dressed up for school, and also because when I dress like that, guys hit on me and it's annoying.

When I go out with friends I like to dress like a doll, and people stare at me and it's kinda funny.

I think my two style are diverging even more as I grow older, and I feel like two different people. Sometimes the two different people argue in my mind. I actually gave them names. Dahlia and Clair. (My real name is Alexis.) Sometimes my personality shifts back and forth, and I get confused.

Another problem is that both of my personalities are in love, but with different people.

I'm in love with two different guys; the guy that Dahlia (the doll-like girl) loves, he's too old for me/her. And Clair, she wants to kiss a certain guy but have no other physical contact with him, ever.

I don't know, I feel like the weirdest person in the world.

Favorite Answer

No you're not weird. You're just growing up. I am literally the exact same, I'm girly and I love hardcore music. But I saw on tumblr that there are TONS of girls just like us. We're split half and half between sweet and innocent and rebellious and punk. So don't worry about it :) nothing's wrong with you or anything

hahaha you really sound like such a nice and fun to be with girl !

no,you 're not weird at all : it 's completely normal . especially at your age .

in fact,during adolescence we are still figuring out ourselves.

and besides,it 's natural to have different personalities and/ or likes : we all have some kind of dualism - ever read dr.jekyll & mr.hyde , or 'the portrait of dorian gray ?

so,smile on your different characters inside of you : it 's just what makes you so interesting and ,what is most important,what makes you yourself .

goodbye and have a nice day !

Source(s): doll - like girl

I do enjoy wearing long skirts occasionally. They can be actually more comfortable than Denims and also much less hot to wear.

• John

I like young ladies in jeans. It makes them look more home town like and it generally does not appear to be they try too much but if you're looking to get this fellas attention, this may well not be what you want

That's because you're emo and emo kids are weird.