Which Car is has faster acceleration, a 1997 Chrysler LHS or Ford Crown Vic?

What gets me confused is Torque VS Horsepower. I Once had a 1988 Plymouth Fury Rear Wheel Drive with 140 horspower and big 265 foot-pounds of Torque... in a 5.2 Liter -- 8 cylinder engine. 3 speed transmission. Such low horspower and yet such high torque?????

Both the Crown Vic and LHS are full size luxry cars, and here are the specfications.

Crown Vic 3900 pound Weight------------------------Chrysler LHS 3600 pounds weight.

Crown Vic 115 inch Wheel Base---------------------Chrysler LHS 113 inch Wheel Base

Crown Vic 4.6 Liter V8 (R Wheel Drive)_________Chrysler LHS 3.5 Liter V6 (FWD)

Crown Vic 4 Speed Automatic--------------------Chysler LHS 4 Speed Automatic

Crown Vic 200 horsepower-------------------Chrysler LHS 214 Horsepower

Crown Vic 275 foot pounds Torque---------------------Chrysler LHS 221 foot/pounds Torque

Which one would be faster in accelration....... lets say from 0 - 90 miles an hour?

Update:

I am refering to the 1997 Ford Crown Victoria by the way.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Evil C
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's probably close. I'm not sure about the LHS, but I do know the "aero body" Crown Vic does 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds. Sorry I can't answer your question completely.

• 3 years ago

they're very solid. highway miles are fantastically stable. in case you comprehend what you're doing and set the cruise top, you may get in the extreme 20s. city gas financial gadget is a few thing diverse. EPA says 17. that's approximately top. it is not so large. An ex cop vehicle could choose for dissimilar artwork, yet engines and transmissions for those automobiles are much less costly and considerable. people often recommend searching for a former unmarked cop vehicle. they have often considered much less use. additionally, a civilian "pastime" style is possibly the perfect. additionally evaluate the Ford Thunderbird/Mercury Cougar/Lincoln Mark VIII (comparable powertrain, or appropriate powertrain whilst it comes to the lincoln), the Mercury Grand Marquis/Lincoln Towncar (comparable platform and powertrain), and the Mercury Marauder (comparable platform and comparable powertrain, yet with a hundred% greater badassness)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.