What are some good skateboarding wheels?

Im mainly a street skater but wanting to go into vert. I'm looking for some new wheels for both street and vert skating. Could someone give me any suggestions such as brands and width?

Favorite Answer

From personal experience I'm going to tell you that Bones Street Tech Formula (STF) v4 are the best all round wheel you can get.

At first I was skating with Ricta All-Star Chrome wheels which made a lot of noise, they weren't very smooth and they were really small so they were only good for street.

I then made a switch to Bones STF which I will never regret. The wheels are 53 width and they skate very well for me on halfpipes, I could feel the difference in riding on rough terrain as soon as I went skating and on the halfpipe they felt amazing. They are also good for street because they dont flat spot so they will last you a very long time.

I hope this helps

If you want to skate vert and street I would recommend getting around a 55mm or 56mm wheel. Most street skaters skate around 52- 54 wheels and vert skaters ride bigger wheels so that is somewhat in the middle. As far as brands go, Spitfire and Bones wheels are the most popular.

I did alot of skateboarding a couple years ago and still do. Cross bones or Hubba's. I always used these, great for vert and street.

Source(s): Skating for 7 years.