OK what happens if you ask God/Jesus into your heart and nothing happens?

Is it your fault for not asking nicely enough or believing enough or God/Jesus Fault for not responding
Update: I have spent 52 years asking God to show me the way, So far the ways I have taken don't seem to be Gods leading more like my choices, and God still refuses to show me the way.

I am going to quit asking
Update 2: The Christians/ believers are not understanding the question. I have done my due diligence as far as I can figure, 22 years as a Jehovahs Witness 18 years deprogramming 10 years as a born again christian but still never felt a real connection with God. at what point do I just give up? What more am I supposed... show more The Christians/ believers are not understanding the question. I have done my due diligence as far as I can figure, 22 years as a Jehovahs Witness 18 years deprogramming 10 years as a born again christian but still never felt a real connection with God. at what point do I just give up? What more am I supposed to do? I am not asking for a trial free life just some indication that there is a God that cares and I am not finding that there actually IS a God that cares.

I wish I could un-believe but that is not possible because I do believe, I just quit believing that God cares or does anything to effect or care for humanity
Update 3: OK Bella and Believer: I have done those things you point out in the instructions and guess what. Nothing Nada is God not stepping up to the plate> I think so