How do you tell if you fractured your ankle?

So today I was at the skatepark, and I was going down and ramp, and this kid was going down another at the same time, and so he jumped off his board, and it flew in the air and into my ankle, and I fell off my board I'm excruciating pain, so I sat there for a minute processing what happened. And it started... show more So today I was at the skatepark, and I was going down and ramp, and this kid was going down another at the same time, and so he jumped off his board, and it flew in the air and into my ankle, and I fell off my board I'm excruciating pain, so I sat there for a minute processing what happened. And it started hurting really bad but I held back from crying, but when I got up to go get an adult to look at it, I couldn't bear ant weight on it at all, I almost fell over because it hurt so bad. So the adult obviously told me to take off my shoe, and I had to yank it off because it wouldn't come off. So I sat out for awhile, but wanted to go back in and skate, and it hurt like hell! So I sat out again. And then I was thinking about it, and it hurts worse than when I ran my foot over, this happened probably like three hours ago. It still hurts to walk on it, and tears come to my eyes when I walk, it has a medium sized bump on the side (it hit the inside of my ankle) and ever since it happened, sharp pains have been shooting up my shins, and it hurts when I'm not even touching it, it's like throbbing, and it's swelled up. I think I'm going to the doctor tomorrow but I'm not sure. I really hope I am because it hurts really bad. I tried wiggling my toes and it hurts, and I twisted it around and it hurts too, but what really bothers me is that when I'm not even touching it it hurts. When I ran my foot over I couldn't feel it unless I was touching it. So thanks for anything...
2 answers 2