Why do Conservatives think there should be no Online Sales Taxes?

Why are we giving some businesses an advantage over another business?

If we encourage people to shop online, we will hurt small business retail shops on the streets and reduce the need for stores.

I say every product needs to be taxed fairly among each other regardless on how you purchased it. Obviously shipping is another tax, but that is what you have to pay to get that service sent to you.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • D.E.M.
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok if all taxes should be equal why does New York have 8.5 sales tax in some counties and 7.25 in other counties? I mean shouldn't it all be fair. Plus New Yorker's have an additional tax of approximately 32 cents per gallon that other States don't have so shouldn't they have to get rid of that. I mean that isn't fair to New York State filling station owner's.

See none of it is fair. You pick and choose where you live and you pay the taxes. You decide where you buy from and whether local or off the internet. This is just another way for the government to get more of your dollars and has nothing to do with being fair to other businesses

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

"If we encourage people to shop online, we will hurt small business retail shops on the streets and reduce the need for stores. "

An online tax will HURT the small business, not help them.

• 7 years ago

"If we encourage people to shop online, we will hurt small business retail shops on the streets and reduce the need for stores. "

Many more mom and pop operations sell on line. Retail stores are mostly owned by giant corporations.

• freije
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

quite. If the Senate it self does not. See, too many leftist crony corporatists make hundreds of thousands each and each 3 hundred and sixty 5 days off the internet. are you able to think of the dimensions of the paperwork to cope with the multiple revenues taxes? decrease than the regulations, if I comprehend eBay's ingredient? each and each seller will additionally be considered a sub contractor. each and each will get carry of a 1099 on the top of the three hundred and sixty 5 days. meaning they might desire to count type the 1099 as earnings. no longer that grandma merchandising her heirlooms would comprehend. Then there is the revenues taxes eBay would desire to convey mutually and bypass to each and each state. meaning greater accounting application and desktops. IE: larger expenditures for sellers. no longer to point eBay is pondering purchasers expenditures. and that's in simple terms one vast company based in California. think of the problems Amazon would have? The Left political Elite are finally showing their backers what such help will benefit them. And the supporters are quite commencing as much as get pissed. meanwhile, the Texas abode in simple terms surpassed 13 new professional gun regulations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • y
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

The small brick and motor become equals on the net, throw a sales tax on them and they will lose sales to states that don't have them. Why is it the big internet stores like amazon want the sales tax?

• 7 years ago

So if I go to another state in my car to buy something where the taxes are lower, on non existent, the government should track me down to make sure I pay the higher of the two taxes? Or both?

You probably would be for that....

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

People shop online and society hasn't collapsed yet.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

why are you so for new taxes? your food stamps running out?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.