James asked in SportsFootball (American) · 7 years ago

I chose James Jones over Mike Wallace. Good choice?

I'm in a keeper league and I had to choose 4 keepers for next season. My original 4 keepers were Cam Newton, Alfred Morris, AJ Green, and Mike Wallace. After the team owners choose the 4 they want to protect you can add players that weren't protected. Some stacked team couldn't keep Jones so I decided to go for James Jones over Wallace. I thought mainly about the QB situation. Jones has the best QB in the league throwing to him, while Wallace has a questionable 2nd year QB.

2012 Stats:

Mike Wallace: 64 REC 836 YDS 8 TDS

James Jones: 64 REC 784 YDS 14 TDS

So, I'm basically asking did I make the right choice?

Thanks

• Favorite Answer

I'd take James over Mike too. Even in Pittsburgh, Mike was very hit or miss. Kind of like DeSean. One week, you'd get 4 catches for 120 yards and a touchdown. The next, 4 catches for 30 yards. He either had a big game or did absolutely nothing. With Bush's departure, I figure Miami will be passing more, but they have other options. Mike will always be double covered. Brian Hartline and Davone Bess aren't bad themselves. I will always take the guy on a team with an elite QB. Especially with Greg Jennings now gone, James Jones will be get more looks on the team than anybody else. He has a knack for the end zone and should outscore most receivers in the NFL. You made the right call.

• Greg

James Jones had nearly double the TD's of Wallace - common sense says Jones to me. Plus, James Jones now has the most experience out of the Packers WR's since the absence of Greg Jennings, so now more plays will be designed for him to be the "Go-To-Guy."

Source(s): Packers fan.

James Jones will be consistently decent I'd say. Mike Wallace is risky but carries a huge upside. I would've gone with Wallace but to each his own. Both will be good though.

Yes, With Greg Jennings now with the vikings, he will get more playing time/more passes. More importantly, he will have Rodgers rather than the mediocre Tannehill throwing him the ball.

• halik

After his warm taking photos against the C's final twelve months in the playoffs, i do no longer see why Spo does not play him. the guy is an incredible shooter. a lot greater desirable than Miller, it extremely is for optimistic.

• DB-C

Should probably have kept another RB, are you in a two QB league? else you should have let Newton walk.

• Mr.R

It is good choice because you know it is good.