How can I find a simple job in L.A. as a Canadian to get a work visa to be able to live there?

I'm 24 and I only have a h.s. diploma and I dropped out of fashion school in L.A. after 2 years and have only 3 years of experience in call centre jobs in Ontario. My dream is to be an actress so I would like to move to California. The only way to stay there legally would be to find a job because obviously... show more I'm 24 and I only have a h.s. diploma and I dropped out of fashion school in L.A. after 2 years and have only 3 years of experience in call centre jobs in Ontario. My dream is to be an actress so I would like to move to California.

The only way to stay there legally would be to find a job because obviously I have VERY FEW qualifications to be actually hired from Canada to be something other than a min. wage worker.

Does anyone know if I can fly to L.A. (I have a friend that will help w/ housing) stay there on a tourist visa to find an employer who will hopefully sponsor me for a simple manual labor or anything really so that I can get a work visa and then a work permit to be able to live there?

I'm starting to think that my best bet is just to stay in Brampton and go back to school. However I'm still somewhat young now so I should take advantage of my youth. Then again, I'm not getting any younger so if I spend all my time trying to achive my dream and by 30 I have to back to school for something stable [sighs] it's tricky, very tricky...

Advice please! From experience as well knwolegeable people on U.S. immigration laws and labor...etc THX!