Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

有人能幫我翻譯這串文章?中翻英急

美國電影、英國文學與希臘神話

西洋電影如果根據原作小說改拍,片名通常與原作一樣,因而查考起來並不麻煩。

很多由名著改拍的電影,例如,1949年諾貝爾文學獎得主”福克納”的原作The Sound and the Fury以及1954年諾貝爾文學獎得主海明威的名著For Whom the Bell Tolls 及A Farewell to Arms就被改拍為電影。

有些原著不僅被改拍成電影,也改編成音樂劇,就像”窈窕淑女”一片,以舞台劇的形式在百老匯上演過兩千七百多場,又以電影勇奪1964年奧斯卡最佳影片及攝影、音樂等獎。

“窈窕淑女”是由蕭伯納原作”Pygmalion”改拍的電影,窈窕淑女這部電影卻不依原作名稱Pygmalion是有理由的。在希臘神話故事中,Pygmalion是塞浦路斯的國王,是個天才雕刻家,她非常厭惡女子,但卻雕刻出一位理想中的女子名叫Galatea,然後愛上了他。了解這則神話故事,再去對照原著內容,就可以明白Pygmalion這個名字點出這故事是非常貼切的。

從美國好萊塢電影My Fair Lady推溯到英國文學的劇作Pygmalion,再探討到希臘神話故事Pygmalion and Galatea,證明了了解西方的人文背景對看點也會有所幫助。

對歷史背景有興趣者,可藉由”齊瓦哥醫生”探討一次世界大戰期間的俄羅斯局勢,也可藉由”亂世佳人”稍稍理解美國南北戰爭的片段。電影的功能不只在提供娛樂,有時也可以探索人生並理解世界。

具備基礎知識在去接觸電影,一定有相當程度的幫助。相反的,用心去看電影,也可吸收不少知識。不過,當娛樂性電影充斥,而引人思考的電影卻乏人問津時,恐怕社會的文化水準就有待大大提升了,因為電影可以有遠比娛樂更多的功能,不是嗎?

可以幫我翻譯成英文

2 Answers

Rating
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

American movies, English Literature and Greek Mythology

It is not difficult to conduct a research of a movie adapted from the same literary work, as they usually have a same title.

Many movies are adapted from the famous literature works. Take for example "The Sound and the Fury" by the Nobel Laureate Faulkner and "For Whom the Bell Tolls" and "A Farewell to Arms" by the widely known Hemmingway.

Some not only adapted to movies but also musicals or plays. Such as "My Fair Lady", who had been adapted into movies winning best film, best filming and best music, the work itself aslo have been performed in Broadway as musical for nearly 3000 times.

"My Fair Lady", adapted from the play "Pygmalion" by Bernard Shaw, its adapted name does not contain symbolism as Pygmalion. The name Pygmalion in Greek Mythology belonged to a Cyprus King who is a talented sculptor but a misogynist. Ironically, he fell inlove with an ideal woman figure he carved named Galatea.

After understanding the story behind it, it seems that the title Pygmalion itself fits the content very closely and resonably.

From the English literary work Pygmalion and the holywood production My Fair Lady and then back to the origin of the mythology between Pygmalion and Galatea. It proves that understanding Western history enhances our perspectives.

Those of you who are interested in history can understand situations in Russia during the WWI through"Doctor Zhivago" ; the American Civil War through "Gone with the wind". The purpose of movie not only provides sensual entertainments, but also a perspective of the world and life itself.

Understanding a getting a grips of summary and background history definitely helps while watching a movie. However, when entertainment based movies and dominating these days where thought-provoking ones are neglected by the public , it seems that the cultural level of the society is coming to a halt. Isnt movies more than just entertainment?

Source(s): myself
  • 8 years ago

您好!以下是我的翻譯:

American movies, English literature and Greek Mythology

Western movie shot change according to the original novel, the title is usually the same with the original, and thus not be any trouble to examine.

A lot of change to make a film classics, for example, the winner of the 1949 Nobel Prize for Literature "Faulkner" original The Sound and the Fury, and winner of the 1954 Nobel Prize in Literature Ernest Hemingway's famous book For Whom the Bell Tolls and A Farewell to arms was changed to shoot movies.

Some original has been changed into a movie, also adapted into a musical, like "My Fair Lady" is a form of theater on Broadway more than two thousand seven hundred, especially film won the 1964 Oscar for best film and Photography, music award.

"My Fair Lady" is changed from the the Shaw original "Pygmalion" to make a film, My Fair Lady the film, but not by the original name Pygmalion reason. In Greek mythology, Pygmalion was the king of Cyprus, is a talented sculptor, to her disgust woman, but carved out an ideal woman named Galatea, then fell in love with him. Understand the myths go against the original content, you can understand that the name Pygmalion point out that this story is very apt.

From Hollywood movie My Fair Lady traced back to English literature plays Pygmalion, then on to the Greek myth of Pygmalion and Galatea understanding of Western cultural background Aspect also be helpful.

Interested in the historical background to explore the situation in Russia during World War by "Doctor Zhivago" and "Gone with the Wind" by understanding a little fragment of the American Civil War. The movie function not only in entertainment, sometimes life can explore and understand the world.

Have basic knowledge to reach out to the movies, there must be a considerable degree of help. On the contrary, the intention to go to the movies, can absorb a lot of knowledge. However, when entertaining movie full of thought-provoking films that have little interest, I am

Source(s): 自己
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.