Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture Β· 7 years ago

Why would my ex-girlfriend ask me to be a co-signer for a car when she has another boyfriend?

I was with her for 2 years and she stayed with me in my house while she went to school to be a dental assistant. I was nice enough to loan her one of my cars for her to go to school and back. She didn't pay any bills because i just wanted her to focus on getting through school and on to a good job! Well as soon as she finished school a couple of weeks later she met a guy and just left me for him. They moved in together but the problem is she still isn't working and she still til this day hasn't found a job and he can't help her with anything because he can barely pay his own rent/bills. Today she called telling me that she was going to get a car and needed ME to co-sign which i said hell no, I asked why don't you ask you boyfriend. She said he couldn't do it because he doesn't have a job or have good credit. She actually told me that she misses me and want to patch things up. I already know she hates living with him ( 5 months now ) and wants to come back to me but i moved on and now she is pissed because i don't want to co-sign or have her back into my home. They are struggling big time and looking to be kicked out their apartment by the end of this month if they don't come up with the $1100 rent! My question is why when a guy treats a girl good he can never satisfy her no matter what? She left me thinking the grass was going to be greener on the other side and it wasn't. Now she wants to come back and live with me for free.

• Marcia
    Favorite Answer

Why would she ask you to co-sign....You have answered this question already. Neither she nor the new boyfriend have the credit nor income to finance a car loan; you do. Assume that the person asking was s sister, niece, cousin, one of your parents, or someone you hardly know. Would you co-sign given an equivalent record of bill paying, living within one's means, sense of general responsibility, sense of general obligation to you/for paying off a loan, general stability, income level, and resource allocation decision making within the union? Chances are no, no, no, no. Chances are, if you felt the need, obligation, or want you would forego co-signing and simply buy a vehicle as a gift or make it a direct, person to person, loan. This is all the more critical since there are ways that many have turned the simple co-signing of a loan into to the acquisition of additional credit, loans, and credit card based upon the credit of the person who generously co-signed for a simple loan.

Among other things, it sounds like the ex doesn't know how to assess a relationship of any kind. This includes one with a guy/mate, money, spending above one's means, and probably a lot more than this. It does not surprize me that she wants to move back in with you for stability, emotional, care taking, and financial reasons. The real question is: Is she able to become a contributing partner of the type that you would be willing to spend the rest of your life with? Do you even have any shared goals in life? Can she contribute to the relationship whether she ends up ever working or not? Suppose you get together and she never ends up working in the workforce, is she even capable of recognizing how she can support your career towards the support of the family or is she more likely to continue to be a taker in the relationship?

You have some hard, end of relationship assessments still to be made. Just what is she capable of, what are your obligations towards her, are you able to allow her to flounder homeless, and just what are your limits with/for her should you help her in any way?

If you let her back in or co-sign for that car you are a moron. Plain and simple. Also with bad credit I don't know how that guy got apartment with no money, no job and bad credit. Most places give you a rectal search before they give you the keys. 1,100. Thats alotta bills. Yeah tell her to sit and spin.

Of course it could be worse. You could have the sheeny curse like I do. I have a job and I am losing money and all my stuff keeps breaking.

Haven't you ever heard the saying " nice guys finish last?" Don't be a sucker, because you know you would end up paying for the car, insurance AND plates. You helped her get through school, so let her stand on her own two feet. Don't be a sucker and allow her to use you! You deserve better.

• Google the term Gold Digger

• Deblyn

You answered all your own questions. You have a good head on your shoulders. Don't let her use you or better yet...if you can, let her go completely. She is insulting your intelligence by even asking you. AND making it worse by saying she wants to get back together with you. She is shallow.

Source(s): LOL! @ Judge Judy! So cute!

Yikes

I would say its because she is a succubus ho