Did shakespeare really invent the term YOLO?

My english professor was mentioning words in passing that shakespeare invented (such as upstairs, bedazzle, dishearten, etc.) but then he listed YOLO amongst them and I was surprised because I thought this was a relatively new word. I don't know a lot about shakespeare, but according to one of my friends who... show more My english professor was mentioning words in passing that shakespeare invented (such as upstairs, bedazzle, dishearten, etc.) but then he listed YOLO amongst them and I was surprised because I thought this was a relatively new word. I don't know a lot about shakespeare, but according to one of my friends who does, yolo is said by Brutus as he stabs Julius Caesar immediately after the famous "et tu Brutus" quote. It makes sense in that context (yolo is something you would say whilst stabbing an emperor) but I don't have a copy of the play to confirm this. Can someone list a few references to shakespeare using the term yolo in Julius Caesar and possibly some of his other works too? Thanks!
5 answers 5