Krissy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Is having a cheat day on a diet okay?

I've been dieting for about a month now working out everyday, pushing myself . I never cheat on my diet but today I was hungry and craving pop corn gold fish crackers and just ate them. This never happened! I've just had a long stressful day. I probably didn't eat 3,500 calories enough to gain a pound but is this cheat day okay?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

a lot of people argue that cheat days can be beneficial to reduce cravings overall and to "throw the body off" a bit do it isn't caught in the same routine.

cheat days are fine. what you need to ask yourself is if you are disciplined enough to handle a "cheat day." there's a lot of talk about diets failing, etc etc etc, and depending on the person, this may be the root of all evil. one cheat day a month becomes two, then it's weekly, twice weekly, so on and so forth.

additionally, you will probably want to separate yourself from the need for emotional eating. you should eat in response to your body's biological need for food (actual physical hunter) and not your mind's craving for snacks.

two cents, as always.

• ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

I have one cheat day a week so I think one cheat day a month is fine.

• 7 years ago

It's fine. Everything is okay in moderation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.