If Native-Americans getting money a month is a myth,what does my friend get?

I've been doing some research on how much Natives get but I've found out it's supposively a myth. The reason I was doing research is because my friend who is 100% Seminole gets like $5000 a month and he says it's because he's Native. He's never even lived on a reservation as far as I know... show more I've been doing some research on how much Natives get but I've found out it's supposively a myth. The reason I was doing research is because my friend who is 100% Seminole gets like $5000 a month and he says it's because he's Native. He's never even lived on a reservation as far as I know and I have another friend who's 100% Navajo and has and she receives nothing and she even speaks the language still. She definitely still claims her roots but my other friend seems to only do it when he can get money or something out of it(which I think is wrong).

So if it's not true that they get checks, what could it be that he's getting? Whatever it is, he almost lost the chance to receive it every month because he went to jail and they found out he was spending the money on alcohol and drugs. I do believe his parents may have a business of some sort & his dad is like a chief but I'm not positive.

So is he getting it because he's Native(as he says) or probably because his parents own a business?
Update: He doesn't live in Florida, he has family there of course but he doesn't live there. I believe he used to but he hasn't for years now.
Update 2: Well I'm pretty sure he's being honest, I'm really good friends with his wife and even she says he gets a check around that amount. He bought them a trailer(fully paid) when they married and he just bought her a brand new car(fully paid). All she does is stay at home watching their baby, she does... show more Well I'm pretty sure he's being honest, I'm really good friends with his wife and even she says he gets a check around that amount. He bought them a trailer(fully paid) when they married and he just bought her a brand new car(fully paid). All she does is stay at home watching their baby, she does housework but doesn't work a job and never has since she's been with him. Which I'm guessing she doesn't have to do anything since he gets this check & also works a regular job. They're always going on vacation and staying in 5 star hotels(they ALWAYS post on FB when they do),so obviously even if it's not that much it's enough they can live very well off even if his wife claims the $5000 isn't enough to pay their bills and feed them.

And I wasn't 100% about the chief, I just heard through someone they thought his dad was but obviously they were misinformed.Now that I think of it, I do remember saying his parents had something to do with Hard Ro