How to buy a home for small down payment & bad credit?

My husband & I want to buy our own home. He does construction & masonry work with his dad, but they don't work for an actual business. They put ads up around town & whoever calls wanting work done, they'll go do it. He's about to start working at a factory again, though. We really want to buy a nice... show more My husband & I want to buy our own home. He does construction & masonry work with his dad, but they don't work for an actual business. They put ads up around town & whoever calls wanting work done, they'll go do it. He's about to start working at a factory again, though. We really want to buy a nice mobile home from somewhere like Clayton Homes, but we don't have tons of money put back to just buy it. Are there any programs or any way we could buy a home for maybe $1000 down & low monthly payments? Like $300-$500 a month? We have two children & are really tired of renting. We'd like to be able to just get our own home & land for the kids. I know most Clayton Homes do land & home package deals. Another thing, I have no credit, because I have never worked before. I'm going to school for my cosmetology license & my husband's credit pretty much sucks. I just want to know the easiest way (or if it's even possible) we could buy our own home for very small down payment & small monthly payments with me having no credit & my husband having bad credit.
3 answers 3