i'd like to take business management in college but i dont know what will be my major . Advice please.?

incoming 1st year college :D

i like to work in office . i also love communicating to other people . im not that great in math . but im willing to learn those things . my mother is telling me to get financial management is that a hard course?? is mathematics a hard lesson there?

Favorite Answer

Okay here goes I will be honest. Do not do business management. It is a joke and is not well respected. Basically it involves a million ways to say pretty much the same thing. i.e. how to be good manager? manage team? SWOT analysis extra. Therefore it is basic theory that isn't on something pacific. if you like communication then in business you need to back it up with a solid degree. Your choice is then from Accountancy, Finance and Economics all well respected and gives you core skills and will be much more desirable for employers in the job market in future. None of them are heavy heavy maths all easy to learn if you put the work in. Financial management can be heavy maths and I wouldn't suggest this you need to do a core obvious degree. What I mean is say you want to do law but you go study business law employers will not respect it nearly as much as law degree as law degree is well established and a core degree. In the same way Accountancy and finance or economics and finance are core degrees where as financial management will be less known to them if you wanted to do financial management it is best to do it as postgraduate master degree as its more specialised at that level but may involve a lot of maths.

Hope that helps.

Source(s): Degree in Economics and Accountancy MA(HONS)

Forget management. I graduated in May 2010 with a Business Management degree emphasis in HR management. The outcome is a crappy commission based job that doesn't even require a high school diploma. Accounting sounds better.