ASRock H77 PRO4/MVP

GTX 650 Ti OC 1GB

Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB SATAIII

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Asus PCE-N15 Wireless Adapter

Corsair CX 500 V3

Coolermaster RC 371 Elite

Samsung DVD-RW

I want to use it for programming and gaming. Any suggestions?

Also can the graphics card handle:

Batman: Arkham City

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Portal 2

+ other recent games (on med settings tho)

on high settings

6 Answers

Relevance
  • PTRP
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

EDIT : TO THOSE IDIOTS THAT THINK WHAT I SAID WAS INCORRECT, THE GTX 650 TI HAS INDEED ALMOST THE SAME PERFORMANCE AS THAT OF THE GTX 560 NON TI, HERE IS A BENCHMARK TO PROVE THAT:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=680

I AM CURRENTLY USING A GTX 560 (PAIRED WITH AN I5-3470/ASROCK H77M MOBO) AND MY RESOLUTION IS 1600 X 900(20" SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER) AND I COULD PRACTICALLY UP UNTIL NOW CAN PLAY ALL GAMES ON MAX SETTINGS, EXCEPT FOR CRYSIS3 WHICH IS VERY GPU INTENSIVE.

THUS THE GTX 650 TI LIKE THE GTX 560 CAN ALSO PLAY ALMOST ALL GAMES ON MAX SETTINGS ON A 1600 X 900 RESOLUTION.

THE GAMES I AM CURRENTLY PLAYING ON MAX SETTINGS:

DEAD ISLAND RIPTIDE

DEAD SPACE 3

FARCRY BLOOD DRAGON

RESDIENT EVIL 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, the GTX 650 ti can pretty much handle the games you mentioned BUT it should only be at a 1600 x 900 resolution monitor (20" monitor) since the card you indicated has only 1 gb VRAM and it would definitely prove to be inefficient when playing on 1080p and above resolution.

BTW, the GTX 650 ti especially the boost edition has almost the same performance as that of the GTX 560 non ti, thus it can play all games on max settings on a 1600 x 900 resolution monitor.

• Jack
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

yes it handles all those games fine. arkham city may not run on high settings but the other 2 will and it will run all recent games but like you say on medium settings, some on high settings.

• 7 years ago

thats a solid build. you'll be fine on games.

only 2 things i would do:

ask your self if you really need ultimate rather then pro or just HP

look into the CM 912.

• TEX4S
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

high settings ? not really - that is almost a decent computer with almost decent parts. spend a little more on the card and you might be OK

Ultimate ?? really ??

THE ONLY BENEFIT is switching languages on the fly.... THATS IT. < pointless 99.99% of the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

That is fine for what you want to do with it ,Medium settings no problem .

• ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

800$ is a bit cheap. If you want a computer that can handle such games go for the Alienware M14x

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.