OnLineTEFL.com - Legit Or Scam?

I spent about 2 hours talking with a sales rep from this company "Susan" and the whole thing sounded really cool - I could go teach in China as an English teacher if I took their 120 hour online TEFL course. Susan said that "If you can speak English, you can teach English." She also told me... show more I spent about 2 hours talking with a sales rep from this company "Susan" and the whole thing sounded really cool - I could go teach in China as an English teacher if I took their 120 hour online TEFL course. Susan said that "If you can speak English, you can teach English." She also told me that in China there is a big shortage of English teachers so I would "earn a Small fortune there". But, she told me that without a TEFL certificate, I would not even be able to be hired in China "because all the schools in China require a TEFL certificate". She also told me that "if you sign up today Al you will get a guaranteed paid internship in China" that they would arrange for me. I took Susan at her word basically because she was convincing, but also because the onlinetefl.com website is pretty snazzy and credible in my opinion. Plus she gave me links to About.com and other review sites that say many good things about the company. But I signed up mostly because I have been unemployed for 6 months and badly need work. Susan told me I could earn $3,000 a month in China. Today I wonder if I did something stupid because of the following...

1. I visited Dave's ESL cafe and found out that TEFL Certificates are "not required to teach in China" and I double checked with the China Foreign Teachers Union which confirmed this to be true.

2. Then I read this old article about TEFL certificates and learn that the certificate issued by OnlineTEFL.com is not "internationally recognized" so I wonder if I am studying to get a piece of paper that no school abroad will accept???

3. Then I did search on Google about OnlineTEFL.com with the key words of "problems", "Complaints","Scam", and "Fraud" and was horrified at what pops up. Honestly if I did this before I surely would not have enrolled.

4. I then found another article at the Huffington Post that basically says 90% of all review websites are self-created by companies to promote their own products and they should not be believed. And this is what a lot of people online are saying about the "rave reviews" of onlinetefl.com. So what to believe? My friend sent me this link http://internationalteflreviews.wordpress.com/ but I cannot believe that Susan, a very young girl in her 20s would lie to me to make only a few hundred dollars?

5. Lastly, I was curious to know if what Susan told me about China was true or not so I found 2 websites that totally freaked me out... ChinaScamBusters.com and http://chinafraudpatrol.blogspot.co.uk/ . If all this stuff is true, why would anyone even want to teach in China - especially if teachers are the lowest paid foriegners in China?

So all this stuff, as you might guess, makes me a little more than just "nervous". So I called and sent emails to ask about these things and I only got a "welcome" email and details about my course. Should I ask for a refund? What is the real deal on this company and how valuable is the certificate they will give me, and will I really earn $3,000 a month in China?