Poppy asked in TravelUnited KingdomGlasgow · 7 years ago

How to get from Birmingham to Glasgow quickly?

I need to get to a gig in Glasgow, and I'm living in Birmingham on Wednesday and I need to get there quickly

Doors open at 8 and I can't set off til half 3 because if school, any ideas on how to do this journey quickly and cheaply??!! :-(

• Pompal
    Favorite Answer

You really should have thought about how you would get there, before booking. Glasgow from Birmingham is 290 miles, so by road will take around 4hrs 30mins to 5hrs.

There is a flight, BE792, from Birmingham Airport at 4.50pm which is scheduled to arrive in Glasgow at 6.10pm but this is £186.00p for just a single fare.

The alternative is to use the train leaving from Birmingham New Street at 3.20pm, arriving at Glasgow Central at 7.23pm. The one-way fare is £71.00p.

The cheapest option seems to be to forget it. Sorry but that's the way it is.

I think you are asking the impossible here - even the flight that the other poster has mentioned is a no go as you have to get from school to the airport and check in at least 1hour before the flight. You should have worked out the travelling before you bought the ticket.

• Johnka

Plane is only way but you would need to have a suitable flight - look at FlyBE website. Will be expensive at such short notice.

train? but leaving it this late it will cost a bit of money or don't go to school and get a coach in the morning